Parrot MKi9200 installed to Factory McIntosh AMP

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Parrot MKi9200 installed to Factory McIntosh AMP

Postby LorrenK » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 am

kangawallafox00 wrote:1.The Parrot cuts out the radio etc. perfectly, and goes straight back afterwards. The problem is when music is either bluetoothed or ipoded through the parrot, it only comes through the door speakers. I have (painfully) installed the aux cable which didn't come originally with my baby, and testing it with my ipod (before any parrot work), and it worked fine with all speakers. But if I've followed the instructions correctly (which I'm sure I haven't), if I plug in the the other end of the 3.5mm from the aux cable that came with the parrot to the harness from ebay, parrot stuff only comes from the left door speakers.

It sounds like you made the same mistake I did. There's a small loose bit of paper in the box the parrot comes in, or maybe it was the harness, like an addendum to the manual. I almost threw it away without reading it. There's a setting in the parrot setup (I forget where exactly) along the lines of "Mute on audio input" or something similar. You need to uncheck the box (or whatever the opposite it currently is) This got mine playing the ipod through all the speakers properly. I only went back to look through the box on the 2nd day of the install after a lot of similar angst and unplugging and replugging things. Give that a try and see how you go.

And yes, the double sided tape was useless on mine too. The display bracket is fine, but the mic kept falling off leaving the sticky pad on the windscreen. A tiny bit of brush on super glue fixed that. :twisted:
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Car: MY08 Liberty GTB 6sp wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19651

Postby kangawallafox00 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 am

Just a very delayed update on my progress.
I bit the bullet on rewiring the power cable to the ciggy lighter in the car. It was the blue wire on the harness as stated, which i was a little scared they may have changed the colour for one reason or another. I cut it near the centre console (mainly because I didn't want to pull everything apart again :lol: ),stripped it back to the wire for about 10mm. And stripped back a section of the red (positive) wire of the front ciggy lighter and soldered it together. And it works a treat.
I sat the parrot head unit above the volume button, which sits nicely behind the steering wheel out of view for any problems at night. While only a slight twist of the head puts it back into view when needed.
And for anyone that considers the lazier option of not rewiring the power wire from the amp to acc. power, don't. It's probably obvious to most people (not me), but even disconnecting the parrot HU from the cradle every time you stop, it still sucks enough power to run your battery flat over a day and a half :(
Thanks for the guide people. It's great to have a great car now with bluetooth (It annoyed me the new shit-boxes that now have it standard :lol: )
kangawallafox00

Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Bury cc9068 to be installed to Factory McIntosh AMP

Postby Flat6Estate » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry to dig up an OLD thread, but just thought I'd throw something into this one.

I have been speaking to the company in the UK that makes the interface cable for our Mcintosh systems.

They tell me that this cable will also work with the BURY cc9068 kit as well as the Parrot MKI setups.

The Bury kit has a nice touch screen rather than the turn dial on the Parrot systems. There is also an app for andriod ios and blackberry systems so you can run it from your phone instead of the touch screen. It just seems more elegant than the Parrot kit.
I also know someone that got me a wholesale price on the Bury kit so that made it look a lot better to me 8)

the only thing that the parrot kit has that the bury kit doesn't is the multiple connectors for other phones and usb, but my music is on my phone and it will be bluetooted, so the connectors aren't necessary to me anyway.

I plan on doing the install this weekend, so I will update after i'm done.

Timbo
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby BIH6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Timbo,

Did you have any luck installing your handsfree unit?? I cant find the cable to adapt the parrot MKI9200 to my Mcintosh system. The contacts in the UK say they have discontinued production. Where did you source your cable?

Ben
BIH6

Car: 2007 Liberty Wagon 3.0 b.spec

Postby Flat6Estate » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah, install was VERY easy.
Got the kit from the eBay store of a company called drive safer UK. I have just checked the link, and it says the item has ended. Was this the company you were chasing? You could beg them to make another one.

It came with 3 packages in an envelope. Some cabling, a cable extension and a mute box.

Good luck with it.

EDIT: Now that I am at work this morning, I found the emails that went back and forth with the company in the UK.
I have contacted them asking if they are planning on making more cables.

Timbo
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Postby scottb721 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am

Is this Parrot interface cable still available ?

It seems my Parrot CK3100 has just died. 'No Signal' error so am looking at options to replace it. My original though was just going to a Nokia CK-200

I see lots of reference to the Mc's Aux In for this Parrot mod. I fitted my own Aux lead to my 08 Lib. Will I still get to maintain use of it for my own purposes or does the new interface cable require it for phone call use ?

Thank you
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Car: 2008 3.0R spec B auto sedan

Postby LorrenK » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am

The Parrot does use the car's aux input, but itself has an aux (as well as usb and apple) input so you still have an aux input you can use, depending where you want to run the cable. I ran mine back into the centre console cubby where I have the 3-in-1 input cable coming out of where the old aux input used to be.
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Postby Flat6Estate » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:05 pm

I contacted the seller of the interface cable for someone else recently, and was told that it had been discontinued.
I did, however take photos of the part numbers of the 3 cables seperate involved that create the complete interface kit.

Not sure, but maybe, if you could buy each cable seperately, you could recreate the interface kit:

INKA-048-7463 = subaru with mcintosh sound
INKA-054-9913 = AUX adaptot 4 pin 3.5mm jack 90 degree
INKA-048-9984 = A2C Extension 2.5m cable

Hope this helps. Let us know how you go.

Timbo
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Postby scottb721 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Due to the cost I think I'll be going with the Nokia CK-200. As I still have the Parrot speaker fitted I'll get the version with the ISO harness. That will give some possibilities to improve it down the track.

The sad part is I already run my phone through the Mc's Aux port routinely for music and video and can use it for phone calls and have the caller heard via the car speakers. So what I really need is a small dash mounted controller for the phone.
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Postby scottb721 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Fitted the Ck-200 kit on Friday. Couldn't get the phone audio working from the ISO wiring despite trying both ends from the mute box so I simply removed it and plugged the phone speaker directly into the main control box. Weird but no doubt something I'm doing wrong. Is the ISO speaker socket on a mute box the female socket with the male pins ?
The previous Parrot installed had the phone speaker tapped into the FR wiring on the Parrot ISO harness so I was trying to replicate this.

All woks well but still thinking of going the MKi9200 so I can use a USB stick for music. I therefore pose these questions,
1. As mentioned, I have a phone speaker fitted already and happy to have that used for calls, but can the Parrot output the music audio from the USB stick to the AUX in of the McIntosh ? and,
2. Can I still run my phone's headphone jack to the McIntosh via the Parrot for music from the phone (since the Parrot will steal the HU Aux In) ?
3. Why does the Parrot manual have 2 Line Outs between it and the stereo ?

Thank you
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Postby scottb721 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Did some reverse engineering on my Nokia mute cable and worked out where I was going wrong. Phone audio only goes out the FR+ and FL- ISO wires of the mute cable. It internally shorts the FR- and FL+ to put the front speakers in Series.
The rear speakers don't get sound, the mute cable simply breaks the circuit to those speakers.

It got me thinking that I could use the mute cable to switch the FR&FL speakers to phone audio (it's intended use), but leave the rear speakers intact and use one of the rear speaker mute relays to switch the ACC power going to the McIntosh.
This would give me a fade out upon phone use and a fade in afterwards. Has the added benefit of pausing the CD player too.

Thoughts ?

Thanks
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Postby Flat6Estate » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 am

Looks like there are some of these interface kits available again

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MUSIC-SOT-7463-A ... 0953063856

Worth every cent for making the integration with the Mc system

Timbo
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Postby LorrenK » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Looks like they were all snapped up (or withdrawn for some other reason)
I second that these are worth every cent, together with the parrot system. Mine has worked flawlessly for a yr and a half and I don't give it a second thought now, which is as much praise as I can give it.
LorrenK

Postby Flat6Estate » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Postby Enigma » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 am

Very keen to give this a go and replace the existing old Parrot system in my MY09 Spec B H6 wagon with the MKi9200!

Before I buy the cable etc, has anyone encountered an issue with vehicles fitted with OEM sat nav?

Just wanted to make sure before I buy everything!

Daniel
--------------
Daniel
2008 Spec B H6 6MT wagon - 148awkw

Tein S-Techs, 18x8.5 Gravels, Raptor headers with full custom stainless exhaust, EcuTek remap, HKS panel filter, front lip, honeycomb grille + more
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863
Enigma

Car: MY09 3.0 Spec B wagon 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options