Bluetooth help...

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Postby ChrisGT » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:19 am

A bit of a thread hi jack here, but it's still bluetooth :D
Can anyone recommend a bluetooth car kit, I'm just after the plug n play type.
Mainly looking for something compact, good battery life and easy to use. I'm not after one of the ear piece types.
Big W has got something called "The Bug" for about $90, anyone seen/used these?

cheers
Chris
MY05 OBP LGT-Premium
ChrisGT

Bluetooth

Postby colin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:21 am

From experience, bluetooth is not as universal as manufacturers will claim it is as each manufacturer will make their product work slightly differently with their phones. Blueant is probably the most universal and will work with pretty much anything. PDA's (imate, O2 etc) can have some issues with cheaper bluetooth devices as there is no echo cancelling (I could not use an imate Jam with a Nokia bluetooth car kit for this reason - however my blueant talkpad works a treat.)

Ryda currently have the Blueant Supertooth Light for $110, couple of my mates have them and they work quite well. Only time that you will have an issue is when both ends of the call are in a noisy environment when noise cancelling will cancel the conversation for you!!
colin

Postby ChrisGT » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks colin,
a few colleagues are using the older style blueant units for a while and are reasonably happy with them apart from battery life, hopefully this has improved I'll check the later versions out.

Chris
MY05 OBP LGT-Premium
ChrisGT

Postby Ric » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:42 am

Also note, a number of GPS Navigation units also have handsfree Bluetooth built in.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Previous

Return to Audio options