DVD Player Won't Fit! (Pics!)

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Postby IDOLYZ » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:58 pm

I just found out i had this problem too with a double din GPS/DVD player from eBay. My advice, don't buy units from eBay as they are slightly larger size..
IDOLYZ

Re: DVD Player Won't Fit! (Pics!)

Postby lukedowson » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:19 pm

tom
sorry to ask mate but what was the part number for that replacement facia? i've been looking around and found a few but there are some differences but that one looks like exactly what I need.
do you have any photos of the finished product?
Luke
lukedowson

Car: MY05 2004 Liberty Luxury

Postby teK-- » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:21 pm

Part # is Japanparts 107-209-006, type "A-C" This is the silver one which fits pre-facelift Gen4 (same one as in the OP's photos)
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby loweart » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 am

Hey Luke,

Look here for photos of what the finished install looks like with the silver double DIN AV panel set ->
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3975&start=0

I've done 3 different installs now, the one I started with was just a single DIN HU and a slide out cubby box to fill the space whilst the last two installs were full double DIN HU's .

Hope this gives some idea what it should look like when finished.

Cheers,
Lok
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Postby lukedowson » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks Lok
The double din install pic is EXACTLY the look im going for. Where abouts do I get that facia? and also, would the Clarion MAX386VD In Dash DVD Player be a suitable size for this facia? I have amps, speakers and a sub sitting in my garage waiting to go and these last two parts are the key to my ICE addiction haha

thanks again mate
lukedowson

Car: MY05 2004 Liberty Luxury

Postby loweart » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey Luke,

Nice looking Double DIN HU you have there and there "should" be no reason why it won't fit into the AV Panel set, the thing to be mindful of when fitting a Double DIN HU that has a motorised front panel is that it doesn't catch on the inside of the AV Panel's lip whilst it is moving in/out/tilting.

You can order the AV Panel set from Japanparts.com or AVOturbo world if you know exactly which part number equals what the colour is of the panel as their are silver and grey/black AV Panel sets, not to menton getting the one with the correct A/C control unit that attaches to the bottom of the panel. Best bet is to talk to the PHAT MAN as in PHAT GT ( Michael ) who can order the correct part in for you !

ICE addiction eh...hehe, reminds me that I should pull my finger out and get my Eclipse amp out from storage ! Been too lazy lately to fire up the soldering iron !

GO for gold mate !
Lok
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Previous

Return to Audio options