USB for MY10 McIntosh?

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: USB for MY10 McIntosh?

Postby fedaykin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Even on partsouq it's ~$400+
https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=H0018AJ900

Far out. Just stream that damn thing (AUX to FM transmitter).
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby Malibr » Mon May 02, 2016 9:01 am

Hi,

I have a couple questions about USB cable vs ipod cable for my 2011 Liberty GT Premium (McIntosh).

Does the USB adapter have the same functionality (full ipod control) for ipods as the ipod adapter cable? (apart from the ipod adapter cable being able to play back video from the ipod).

Also, does anyone know if there is a list out there that details which apple products are compatible with the USB adapter cable.

Cheers.
Malibr

Car: 2011 Liberty GT Premium 6sp Wagon

Postby ceh » Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 am

webbsimax wrote:Sorry to rekindle an old thread like this, but I was wondering how the 'home made' cable is going? Does it work similarly to the official part?

Sorry for the slightly late response. I gave up on the plan to build a connector. I simply took a cheap 5 EUR standard USB extension cord (with a female panel jack on one end, that's why it was 10x as expensive as truely standard extension cord), simply cut off the male connector, soldered the wires directly to the connectors of the unit, strapped it down with some cable ties, and added some silicone to reduce mechanical stress on the tiny wires.

Works fine with some USB-sticks, not so fine with others (only sees them once after booting). But I doubt that's due to the cable.
ceh

Car: Outback 2.5 MT

Previous

Return to Audio options