MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 am

Hi all,

I am hopefully going to get my a$$ into gear this weekend and get the hack completed for my MY10 GT. I have tinkered with a couple of different ways of terminating the cables I have made up and depending on which works best I am happy to make a few more up with what pins I have left over and send them out to people who want them.

Let me know if you are keen.

Cheers,
Garbo.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Re: MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Postby speakafreaka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 am

I'm keen, I keep putting off this and everytime im on a long trip it shits me.

I'll paypal you some cash to cover delivery. Cheers
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 am

That's cool mate, don't worry. We have prepaid envelopes at my work ;-) I'll let you know how I get on over the weekend and I'll get you to PM me postage details after that.

Cheers,
Garbo

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby rickerty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 am

Would this work for the MY08? I was going to try to do something similar to this but not too sure how yet...
Was thinking a hidden switch to click back to 'safety mode' if need be.
[MY08/Lib/ej25/5MT/Limited Ed./SatNav/TeamWagon!]
HKS | MOMO | HID/LED | BILSTEIN
rickerty
-stickered-

Car: MY08/LTD/EJ25/5MT/WAGON

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 am

Not sure about the MY08, I'm not familiar with the Sat Nav/head unit set up unfortunately. Is your car set up the same as the head unit in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/instructions-unlock-nav-while-motion-63678.html?t=63678???

I'd need to check the plus and pins to make sure the pins I have would fit but if they do then there is no reason I can see to say that it wouldn't work. Any chance you can take some pics???

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby UrbanGTB » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:09 am

There is a guy in the states that can provide the whole lot including ipod video input also, I will try and get his details for you :D
Tony
UrbanGTB

Postby rickerty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 am

garbo41610 wrote:Is your car set up the same as the head unit in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/instructions-unlock-nav-while-motion-63678.html?t=63678???

The interface/screen is the same but my unit is all behind the fascia, not under the seat...
I'll try to get it out and take some pics this weekend
tnx
[MY08/Lib/ej25/5MT/Limited Ed./SatNav/TeamWagon!]
HKS | MOMO | HID/LED | BILSTEIN
rickerty
-stickered-

Car: MY08/LTD/EJ25/5MT/WAGON

Postby Tristan.baker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi Garbo,

I have been looking for a hack for my Subaru for months.... Do we have the same stereo?
I have a MY10 Subaru Liberty Exiga. Its a Mcintosh stereo.
It drives me insane that it locks me out of it as soon as the wheels are moving!

If your hack works, I would be eternally grateful!

here is a pick of my head unit.
http://www.moonbaker.com.au/subaru/photo.JPG

Just message me and let me know if you can help!!!
Thanks,
Tristan
Tristan.baker

Car: Liberty Exiga MY10

Postby Tristan.baker » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Garbo,

It's a Kenwwod head unit....
Tristan.baker

Car: Liberty Exiga MY10

Postby Hobber » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:47 pm

garbo41610 wrote:Hi all,

I am hopefully going to get my a$$ into gear this weekend and get the hack completed for my MY10 GT. I have tinkered with a couple of different ways of terminating the cables I have made up and depending on which works best I am happy to make a few more up with what pins I have left over and send them out to people who want them.

Let me know if you are keen.

Cheers,
Garbo.

I'd be keen too - I've attempted this once but couldn't get the cable to stay in as it wasn't really the right sort... :angry2:

Can't find a cable anywhere!

Bloody annoying that the passenger can't change tracks / program SatNav etc!
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby PHAT GT » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi Guys

if i understand right , you need a divice that lets you view the screen while driving as you would if parked

if this is correct you can buy a small unit that does this

if you guys are interested ill shot an email to the company in Japan that make them and get a price

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby speakafreaka » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Michael, if you short the unused handbreak pins on the head unit, it thinks the vehicle is stationary and allows you to use the nav while the vehicle is over 20ks. Apparently you can use the old analog audio cable from a cdrom and ground it on the body.
speakafreaka

Postby PHAT GT » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:56 pm

speakafreaka wrote:Michael, if you short the unused handbreak pins on the head unit, it thinks the vehicle is stationary and allows you to use the nav while the vehicle is over 20ks. Apparently you can use the old analog audio cable from a cdrom and ground it on the body.

this is simuler to what i have done in the gen4's

Never had the opportunity or the time to try this on the gen5 and wasn't sure if its hooked up to a speed single

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby speakafreaka » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Yeah its the same, except you've got to pull the dash out to get to it (rather than the unit being under the seat / in the glovebox).

Theres a full illustrated guide here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/att ... n-hack.pdf

I tried to search for it on here but couldnt find the thread where it was mentioned. Hopefully anyone looking for it checks this thread first.
speakafreaka

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi all. I've finally got some time and done the hack. I made a couple of changes to my demo cable and the solution is pretty good. I have enough gear left over for another 4 cables I can make up. If you want one pm me.

garbo41610
-stickered-

Next

Return to Audio options