MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Postby nick2k » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:37 am

garbo41610 wrote:Do it mate buy a Gen5, it will make good use of the 30cent cable I made up for you lmao!

Thanks for your earlier reply as well..
but now after driving for a month with restricted functions, rather i say no functions.. i really need this cable..!! All i want is to access nav and dvds while on the move... i really dont need to view rear camera at all...!!!

Anything you can help me with... and yes i have Mcintosh system in my gen V my11 sedan.

Cheers
Nick
nick2k

Car: LIBERTY 2.5iSportsPremium Sedan(SAT)

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am

PM me and I'll get back to you
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby Hobber » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 pm

nick2k wrote:
garbo41610 wrote:Do it mate buy a Gen5, it will make good use of the 30cent cable I made up for you lmao!

Thanks for your earlier reply as well..
but now after driving for a month with restricted functions, rather i say no functions.. i really need this cable..!! All i want is to access nav and dvds while on the move... i really dont need to view rear camera at all...!!!

Anything you can help me with... and yes i have Mcintosh system in my gen V my11 sedan.

Cheers
Nick

I found it frustrating that the passenger couldn't change iPod tracks / playlists etc...

I've got most of my Nav set up for voice interaction so that's not such an issue :) My favourite is get in the car, push the button, and say 'Home'.
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:12 pm

I've really got to take a closer look into the voice recognition stuff, I don't use it often but I am getting sick of trying to find parking and the gps wanting to send me to vineyards... AAAAAAARGH!!!

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby Hobber » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:39 pm

:lol:

VOICE COMMANDS

Home Set Nav Destination to home
Preset Destination n Go to Preset Destination n
Map Show map centred on car
Delete Destination Cancel Guidance
Louder Turn up voice guidance
Softer Turn down voice guidance
Voice Guidance Off Turn off voice guidance
Voice Guidance On Turn on voice guidance
POI Toggle POI display
Nearest (Petrol Station) Set nearest (x) as destination
Zoom In Map Zoom In
Zoom Out Map Zoom Out

iPod
DVD
Radio
AM
FM
FM1
FM2

Dial By Name
Dial by number
Hobber

Postby Hobber » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 am

Haha!

I finally found a... well not really a downside, but something that inadvertantly changed...

After the hack, the brightness of the nav screen no longer dims progressively as you dim the instruments.

This is not really an issue as you can turn it down or off by pressing the 'DISPLAY' button. If it was an issue I would have noticed ages ago :)
Hobber

Postby entice » Sat May 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Just wondering if anyone has found out what I heard as a rumour (which I dont think to be true).

If the handbrake hack is done, does this limit the car's ability to be seen in the dark (ie satelite dark)

Does the handbrake mod make teh car think it is doing 0KM/h and thus the GPS ceases to work when travelling through a tunnel?

If not... where can I get me a cable and install help????

TIA!
More opportunities have been lost from indecision rather than wrong decision
entice

Car: My10 Outback Diesel, 2010 Golf GTI

Postby garbo41610 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:24 pm

I haven't had any issues since hacking the GPS system. I have one hack cable left, someone was going to purchase it but I never received the funds and haven't heard back from them. PM me and I'll send you my acct details.

Where abouts are you located?

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby Hobber » Sat May 07, 2011 8:09 pm

entice wrote:Just wondering if anyone has found out what I heard as a rumour (which I dont think to be true).

If the handbrake hack is done, does this limit the car's ability to be seen in the dark (ie satelite dark)

Does the handbrake mod make teh car think it is doing 0KM/h and thus the GPS ceases to work when travelling through a tunnel?

If not... where can I get me a cable and install help????

TIA!

No
- Dead reckoning works fine underground (Sydney Harbour Tunnel / ED / M5 and car parks)
- GPS Speed is correctly reported - and you can actually get to the 'Vehicle Signal' screen when moving to verify :)

Cheers
Hobber

Postby garbo41610 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:34 am

Hi all,

I have made up about 12 hack cables for anyone that is interested. $10 posted as per the last lot.

PM me for details.

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby speakafreaka » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

I know BUDDAH was looking for one, hopefully he sees this thread
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby jmpin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Phil

just tried to PM about these hack cables and it didnt work..

do you still have any?

cheers
jmpin

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Victripper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Anyone buy one of these and not using it and want to sell?
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Postby garbo41610 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Victripper wrote:Anyone buy one of these and not using it and want to sell?

Sorry mate, I didn't see your PM. Have had a few pronlems of late as I am off work (where most of the spare cables are) and have a few other things that are just getting in my way. I'll get in touch with you over the weekend and sort something out.

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby Victripper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 pm

garbo41610 wrote:
Victripper wrote:Anyone buy one of these and not using it and want to sell?

Sorry mate, I didn't see your PM. Have had a few pronlems of late as I am off work (where most of the spare cables are) and have a few other things that are just getting in my way. I'll get in touch with you over the weekend and sort something out.

Thats all good... Easily missed... I just had the joy today when I had the base up to high and wanted to turn it down but didn't get to stop for long enough for the Sat Nav to allow me to adjust it back down. That along with if we decide after leaving home to want to use the navigation not even the passenger can program in the address.(They could put a sensor in the passenger seat to only allow this if there is someone in that seat).

Hence not really sure why they are making it so hard every other after market car stereo has no restrictions and hence I was used to the convenience and want it back now.

Thanks Again.

Mark
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options