MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Postby speakafreaka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Victripper wrote:Hence not really sure why they are making it so hard every other after market car stereo has no restrictions and hence I was used to the convenience and want it back now.

Thats not true, there is an ADR design requirement that requires this. I know on the VWs its as simple as entering a code to disable it though.
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby Spook » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:47 pm

speakafreaka wrote:Yeah its the same, except you've got to pull the dash out to get to it (rather than the unit being under the seat / in the glovebox).

Theres a full illustrated guide here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/att ... n-hack.pdf

I tried to search for it on here but couldnt find the thread where it was mentioned. Hopefully anyone looking for it checks this thread first.

Thanks for reposting the link Speakafreaka; just did the hack on my MY12 GT and it worked a treat. The lock outs were starting to do my head in and I've only had the car for a couple of weeks!
Spook

Car: MY12 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Victripper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Spook wrote:
speakafreaka wrote:Yeah its the same, except you've got to pull the dash out to get to it (rather than the unit being under the seat / in the glovebox).

Theres a full illustrated guide here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/att ... n-hack.pdf

I tried to search for it on here but couldnt find the thread where it was mentioned. Hopefully anyone looking for it checks this thread first.

Thanks for reposting the link Speakafreaka; just did the hack on my MY12 GT and it worked a treat. The lock outs were starting to do my head in and I've only had the car for a couple of weeks!

Has anyone stepped it up and wired in the reverse camera overide... Looks like a cool little mod to play with the reverse camera function at will
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Postby Beauspark » Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Hey garbo, have tried to PM you and for some reason it's not working. If you get this MSG pls PM me regarding buying a hack cable from you. You were looking at making more last time we msgd and haven't heard back from you. I'm really keen to get one installed.
Beauspark

Car: My10 liberty gt premium

Postby Ric » Wed May 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Beauspark wrote:Hey garbo, have tried to PM you and for some reason it's not working.....

You're probably making the common mistake of assuming because a message is still on your OUTBOX, that it hasn't been sent.
That is normal, the message stays there until the recipient reads it. Then it moves to your SENTBOX. That way you can tell when it has been read.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

Ric wrote:
Beauspark wrote:Hey garbo, have tried to PM you and for some reason it's not working.....

You're probably making the common mistake of assuming because a message is still on your OUTBOX, that it hasn't been sent.
That is normal, the message stays there until the recipient reads it. Then it moves to your SENTBOX. That way you can tell when it has been read.

And when you're being ignored :wink:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby Victripper » Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 pm

I think Garbo has been sick of late... He sent me a PM the other day and is in the process of making up another batch of cables.

Maybe just give him a week or two to recover... he maybe making them up while recovering also.
Victripper

Postby garbo41610 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey all,

My apologies for all the stuffing around. I'm finally out of another pretty horrid stint in hospital. If amyone ever tells you that having a drain removed from your lower spine,while conscious, is awesome fun, punch them right in their throat for me. Still not feeling 100% but I'm looking at all the bits and pieces and will get to work over the weekend. At this stage I'll only have 6 but will order more parts next week.

If anyone wants one, pm me your name and deliv. address and they'll be in the post first thing next week.

Cheers
G.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby garbo41610 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi all,

Have had a bit of a set back this week that needed immediate attention. My gf is under strict instruction to drop the envelopes in the mail today but. She's swamped with work so they probably won't be put into a mail box till this evening.

Just thought I'd update everyone.

Also, I've had a few people ask for payment details. I'm not asking for any money for this batch of cables because I've had to dick everyone around for way too long.

Cheers,
Phil.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby Victripper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Anyone seen Phil about of late? Wanted to see how he is going with these, but haven't seen him online for a while... Anyone know if he is sick again or?

Anyone else able to make some up... I would prefer to be able to use a plug fix than touch any cables etc.
Victripper

Postby Victripper » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Bump... Anyone got pictures of what they look like and what is required...

Might have to pull out my Nav this weekend and have a look as the lock down is sure killing me!!
Victripper

Postby Victripper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Well I have it working but it seems that the DVD drive is staying on now.. I didn't have the perfect size cable I think, as I stole the wire from a USB cable connection that went to rear of a computer case. I don't have a CD Audio cable to compare it to size wise.

Anyone else experienced the DVD continuously spinning once the hack cable is in place?
Victripper

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri May 10, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm keen on a cable, so if anyone has one for sale (Garbo preferred), I would like to purchase it.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby podgey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:07 am

Hi all,

I am useless when it comes to anything mechanical ! :(
Are there any places around Melbourne where I could get the Satnav hack done for me ??

Cheers,

Pat
podgey

Car: MY 10 Liberty GT

Postby nytrojen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Anyone got a spare cable or one they're willing to part with? :D
nytrojen
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options