MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: MY10 Nav Hack Cables

Postby garthos » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:15 pm

nytrojen wrote:Anyone got a spare cable or one they're willing to part with? :D

I'll sell you mine for $601.95 - plus I'll throw in a tow bar and a iPod integration cable for free? :D
garthos
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Postby nytrojen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:18 pm

garthos wrote:
nytrojen wrote:Anyone got a spare cable or one they're willing to part with? :D

I'll sell you mine for $601.95 - plus I'll throw in a tow bar and a iPod integration cable for free? :D

Lol. At this rate you'll be throwing in your whole car for free just to get rid of that towbar!
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Brettervine1987 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Anyone still doing these?
Brettervine1987

Postby SVXdc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Thanks to a Legacy owner in Italy, I've identified the proper Japanese terminal to fit the green 6-pin plug (as well as the plug itself, for people who want to transplant this nav into a non-nav car).

They are made by JAE. If you look closely at the car's plug (you'll probably need a magnifying glass and bright light), you'll see the "JAE" logo embossed on the rear very tiny beside pin #1.

Plug is IL-AG5-6S-S3C1

Terminals are IL-AG5-C1-5000

They're available from RS Electronics, Digi-Key, Mouser, and Allied Electronics (and probably other places).

This parking brake hack is for the 2010-2012 -ish OEM Kenwood satnav head units, where the main HU and its screen are integrated into a single unit. The older Kenwood satnav with a separate screen also has a green 6-pin socket and plug, but that connector is strictly for signals from/to the display screen (nothing to do with parking brake).

I would be grateful if someone could post some good pictures of one of the newer-style satnav HUs--
  • The entire front (bonus points if you have something "interesting" on the screen)
  • The entire rear (with everything unplugged)
  • The entire top and/or bottom (whichever sides have model numbers)
  • The left and right sides

I'm particularly interested to find out what model number(s) were used in Australia.

Cheers
1996 SVX L AWD <<>> Useful Subaru wiring info
SVXdc

Car: 1996 SVX L AWD

Previous

Return to Audio options