Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav Maps

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby Turtlez » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Hey Gents,

long time member first time posting in 5+ years, recently bought a Legacy Wagon from a forum member, any chance the Legacy would be updateable this way ? have a dvd player in the glove box, just not sure if this will work.

Cheers Matt
User avatar
Turtlez
-stickered-
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Canberra
Car: 08 Legacy Wagon
Real name: Matt

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Turtlez wrote:Hey Gents,

long time member first time posting in 5+ years, recently bought a Legacy Wagon from a forum member, any chance the Legacy would be updateable this way ? have a dvd player in the glove box, just not sure if this will work.

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,
Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just burn the new Disc and eject the one that's in there. As soon as you insert the new Disc, it'll run off that version.

EDIT: Unless of course there's some lockout where the GPS is limited to working overseas. But with the Aus maps, it should work. Japanese cars sometimes just show your location as being in the ocean when they don't have local maps.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
User avatar
tom_kauf
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon
Real name: Tom

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby Turtlez » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:25 pm

tom_kauf wrote:
Turtlez wrote:Hey Gents,

long time member first time posting in 5+ years, recently bought a Legacy Wagon from a forum member, any chance the Legacy would be updateable this way ? have a dvd player in the glove box, just not sure if this will work.

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,
Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just burn the new Disc and eject the one that's in there. As soon as you insert the new Disc, it'll run off that version.

EDIT: Unless of course there's some lockout where the GPS is limited to working overseas. But with the Aus maps, it should work. Japanese cars sometimes just show your location as being in the ocean when they don't have local maps.


Awesome will give it a test over the weekend, currently no disc(disk) in the payer, and its always showing in the ocean off Japan.
User avatar
Turtlez
-stickered-
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Canberra
Car: 08 Legacy Wagon
Real name: Matt

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby tom_kauf » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Turtlez wrote:Awesome will give it a test over the weekend, currently no disc(disk) in the payer, and its always showing in the ocean off Japan.

Oh, if you don't have the original Disc, you may have a problem. The upgrade Map Discs only have Maps - they don't have the software to make the menus work. That information is lost with a battery disconnect.

Even those people with original discs need to insert them after a battery disconnect. And then they reinsert the updated map Disc afterwards.

Let me know how you go with it.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
User avatar
tom_kauf
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon
Real name: Tom

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby robo498 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:45 pm

I have an 08 wagon with LTD ED sat nav, & have never had to use the original disk ? I took the battery out a month ago and charged it over night and put it back in with no issue ? maybe the C2 map does not have this issue ? only the C1 does ? :shock:
User avatar
robo498
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Car: liberty wagon my08 2.5L Sat Nav
Real name: Robert

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby fedaykin » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:17 pm

Nah I have C2 (gen 5 McIntosh) and it asks for original DVD when you leave the battery off for a while.
fedaykin
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 am
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby ilib11 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 pm

FYI - I have C2 (gen 5 McIntosh) and it has NOT asked for original DVD. When I have the battery off it then loaded directly from the map's DVD. Same behaviour on several versions- 20, 22,23.
ilib11
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby fedaykin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:07 am

When I replaced the steering wheel, I took battery off and it did ask for original DVD.
But when my dash cam fell and hit the hazards for the whole day (drained battery), it didn't ask for it.
:blind:
fedaykin
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 am
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Re: Subaru Navshop/TomTom Australian V22 C1 Gen4/V23 C2 Nav

Postby Turtlez » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:07 am

tom_kauf wrote:
Turtlez wrote:Awesome will give it a test over the weekend, currently no disc(disk) in the payer, and its always showing in the ocean off Japan.

Oh, if you don't have the original Disc, you may have a problem. The upgrade Map Discs only have Maps - they don't have the software to make the menus work. That information is lost with a battery disconnect.

Even those people with original discs need to insert them after a battery disconnect. And then they reinsert the updated map Disc afterwards.

Let me know how you go with it.


Yep Disc did not change much, will see if there is something with the owners manual, or maybe its time to find a replacement if possible..
User avatar
Turtlez
-stickered-
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Canberra
Car: 08 Legacy Wagon
Real name: Matt

Previous

Return to Audio options

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests