Corazon Sliding Centre Arm Rest

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Corazon Sliding Centre Arm Rest

Postby Arith » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am

I bought this a few months back, but just haven't found the time to install it yet. So I finally made a promise to get it installed over the long Easter weekend.

I don't know about other people, but I like to rest my rest on the shift knob while I drive. However Subaru made the centre console a bit far from the shift knob so I can't rest my elbow on it at the same time. A bit annoying since most other cars I've been in have a sliding arm rest. So this was much welcomed in bridging that gap.

The Corazon slider took about an hour to do, and requires a bit of drilling into the current arm rest to fit the rails. It sits about 30mm higher and slides about 80mm (you can remove the stopper so it slides even further). I tried to fit it along with the Subaru dual console, but the arm rest sat a bit too high with both. So I had to give up the dual console.

The arm rest, un-extended

The arm rest, extended. Note how it covers up the rear cup holder

Another view of the extended arm rest

A view of the console from the back. I'm not keen how it doesn't cover up everthing, leaving the hinges exposed.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby hks180 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 am

mmm nice Jim~

i quiet like this one... i thought about getting this one too but end up getting the Subaru one ... for more storage to put rubbish !! haha

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby Arith » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:26 am

Arg! Don't remind me, Leo! :D I miss the dual console from Subaru for that extra storage space too! With both installed my elbow is practically parallel to my shoulder! Oh well, we'll see. Might go back to the dual console if it ends up being more practical.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby hks180 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 am

very true ... after i install the dual console every time i change gear my arm just hits the console .... but think now im ok just lift up the arm a bit... haha

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby tangcla » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:43 am

Is the top leather?
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Digital » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:24 am

nice work Jim!
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby Arith » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 am

tangcla wrote:Is the top leather?

The Corazon kit is actually just an 'insert' layer between the top lid and the centre console itself. So the top is the factory lid you have currently.

Arith
-stickered-

Re: Corazon Sliding Centre Arm Rest

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:50 am

Arith wrote:
I don't know about other people, but I like to rest my rest on the shift knob while I drive.

Looks cool Jim but the statement above concerns me a little. One hand on the wheel seems a bit risky :D

Only auto owners would benefit from this mod I guess.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby gtspec » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:53 am

are you able to get photos of where you needed to drill and attach the extension pieces?
gtspec

Car: MY07 GT SpecB

Postby Sentinel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Interesting mod! Does it bugger up your driving style?? You have an auto though, so I'm guessing not. It looks rather 'tall-ish' if you get my drift.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Sentinel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Arith wrote:Another view of the extended arm rest

I've also noticed in the pic above that the top rings of the cup holders are black. Is that an STi thing or did you color them? Or is it the light?
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:Only auto owners would benefit from this mod I guess.

LOL! I never thought about it that way! Good point, Dave! If there was a 'Team Auto' section this would be in there. :D

gtspec wrote:are you able to get photos of where you needed to drill and attach the extension pieces?

Sorry Adam, that stage has passed. And I'm not keen on taking it apart again for photos. Pain in backside as it was already. :D

Sentinel wrote:It looks rather 'tall-ish' if you get my drift.

If you were to get the Subaru dual centre console add-on, it would sit at the same height as this. It's only when you combine the two that you look over and can see your elbow at eye height. Weird.

I've also noticed in the pic above that the top rings of the cup holders are black. Is that an STi thing or did you color them? Or is it the light?

Oh! I've never noticed. But the MY07 STi came with charcoal interior trim rather than silver. I guess that trim carries over to the cup holder surrounds as well.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Sentinel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Arith wrote:Oh! I've never noticed. But the MY07 STi came with charcoal interior trim rather than silver. I guess that trim carries over to the cup holder surrounds as well.

Cool Jim - thanks.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby KOC » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Guys, I know that the topic is old, if not difficult to give a link where to buy such an armrest .
KOC

Car: Legacy B13

Return to Cosmetics