Modified some sheepskin seat covers to suit..

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Modified some sheepskin seat covers to suit..

Postby Stifull » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 pm

I like the cool feel that sheepskin gives in a car compared to leather especially if the sun has been shining through the windscreen, but I have this problem that my skin reacts very badly to synthetic materials. The first thing I do when buying a shirt is to remove the tags from off the back of the neck as that will cause a reaction. I can't sit in my wifes Bugeye without a towel over the seat as I get itchy within 10-15 minutes. My rex is ok as it is a CSE 2 so it has velour seats, not a problem. I bought a good 2nd hand pair of sheep skin covers and like most the sides, the back and around the base is synthetic and extremely itchy if any part of it touches my skin so i took to it with sharp scissors and cut all the synthetic sections off except just behind the head rest which I took in to make a tighter fit and hemed it with elastic inside so it would stay strong enough so it would still have the support at the top, I reattached all the nylon strapping and I am very happy with the result. It stays in place despite the leather being a little slippery and there is no synthetic parts to annoy my skin. It was a good opportunity to put my new 2nd hand Janome sewing machine to work. My mum was a seamstress in my grandparents pajama factory and she taught me how to sew. I have been making and altering things for over 60 years, very handy with 4 daughters with clothes that needed altering, or cutting down my sons full Sierra soft tops in to a Bimini or Bikini soft top .. LOL..

Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Re: Modified some sheepskin seat covers to suit..

Postby Yowie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Nice work.

If you use red stitching the car will go faster.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Re: Modified some sheepskin seat covers to suit..

Postby Stifull » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:44 pm

Oh why didn't I think of that.. I ran 2 seams around the outside of my sons Ver6 Sti's black dash mat with RED cotton and it certainly goes faster.. Looks pretty cool as well..
Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Return to Cosmetics