MY07 and onwards Air Conditioning

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

MY07 and onwards Air Conditioning

Postby WhiteGTB » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:58 am

Just curious to know if there is any option with the temperature settings for the air conditioning to be controlled by the one dial.

At the moment you need to turn both dials to get it to say... 20 degrees (for both passenger and driver).

Is there a setting so I can flick between turning the one dial and the two dials?

Or is this just the way it is..... I couldn't find it in the car manual.
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby smythie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:08 am

I think you need a pre-facelift model (with single zone climate control). I think I know someone who would be happy to do a swap for ya :wink:
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Arith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:31 am

I think this feature was more of an afterthought for Subaru. Most cars I know that have dual climate will have a button to toggle controlling one side or both sides. Never seen one where I had to adjust both sides every time I want to change temps.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Deluded » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:04 am

unfortunately, you'll have to change the temperature one side at a time...

bit of a pain imo
MY08 GT Spec B Steel Silver
MY07 GT Tb STI OBP 287/300 formerly known as NY00MI
----------------------------------
Deluded
formerly D_Liberty

Car: MY07 TBSTI Sedan

Postby WhiteGTB » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Doh... oh well... I'll just live with it :)

Thanks guys.
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Spec B Wgn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:02 pm

what fukn annoys me with the ventilation system on the lib is you cant just have the vents open and the climate settings visable without the bloody fan operating..

and every time you you activate the system the bloody a/c kicks in and the fan goes beserk..

i want to be able to see what the settings are at, especially the temp settings and whether is re-circulating or not, but i donrt want the bloody fan to sometimes be on...

god it sh.ts me
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby smythie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:13 pm

you can set the vents to open or recirc without turning the fan on by pressing the relevant toggle button. But yeah, I have a sigh everytime I go to turn the fans on and have to automatically turn the A/C off.

-edit- you can turn the system on without it going to auto (which is why the fan goes beserk - it's trying to get its climate to the set temperature as quickly as possible). anyway, try pressing the fan up/down button (in pre 07 models).
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: MY07 and onwards Air Conditioning

Postby Roddez » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Trieu wrote:At the moment you need to turn both dials to get it to say... 20 degrees (for both passenger and driver).

So forgive my ignorance, or the fact that I'm just shit stirring, but why does it matter.

You, on the drivers side of the car decide that you are too hot/cold and set your dial to the desired setting. Who cares about the other side of the car, unless of course there is some sitting there who can make their own changes. Invariable it's probably a woman sitting there and if you were going to presume to make any changes, you would be in trouble. So now I have just convinced you why you need a single dial...

Okay, I think should lay off the sugar laden snacks in the afternoon, either that or this Sharepoint development caper has just driven me around the twist..........
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Postby Hobber » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Will Swap 07 2.5i (with single climate control) for 07GT or 07 3.0 if it's bugging you that much?

:P
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby Spec B Wgn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

smythie wrote:you can set the vents to open or recirc without turning the fan on by pressing the relevant toggle button. But yeah, I have a sigh everytime I go to turn the fans on and have to automatically turn the A/C off.

i understand that but as soon as you want to see what temp setting its on .... the bloody fan starts up..

for example... if you have the temp settings on max high hot & turn the car off....

when you get in next time and drive , if you dont activate anything the bloody cabin gets so hot ...you cant see what the temps are set at because its not lit up...

so you hit the button and fark....you realise the temp is at fukn max hot the fan kicks in at warp speed and next second your trying to turn both dial temps down and the bloody fan down and turn the a/c off..

all i want is the climate controls without having to use the fan whether the a/c is on or off.

surely its not too hard ..
Spec B Wgn

Postby Deluded » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote="Spec B Wgn
all i want is the climate controls without having to use the fan whether the a/c is on or off.
..[/quote]

+1
MY08 GT Spec B Steel Silver
MY07 GT Tb STI OBP 287/300 formerly known as NY00MI
----------------------------------
Deluded
formerly D_Liberty

Car: MY07 TBSTI Sedan

Postby Spec B Wgn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:53 am

D_Liberty wrote:[quote="Spec B Wgn

+1[/quote]

yay !!! someone else understands my predicament..

and my frustration

:wink:
Spec B Wgn

Postby overl0ad » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:30 pm

+1
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby Arith » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Roddez wrote:You, on the drivers side of the car decide that you are too hot/cold and set your dial to the desired setting. Who cares about the other side of the car, unless of course there is some sitting there who can make their own changes.

Well you would want the 2 sides to be closely matched at least. Otherwise if one side is cold while the other side is hot, you have 2 different temps in the car fighting each other.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Roddez » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Arith wrote:
Roddez wrote:You, on the drivers side of the car decide that you are too hot/cold and set your dial to the desired setting. Who cares about the other side of the car, unless of course there is some sitting there who can make their own changes.

Well you would want the 2 sides to be closely matched at least. Otherwise if one side is cold while the other side is hot, you have 2 different temps in the car fighting each other.

And there in lies the dilemma surrounding Dual Zone Climate Control.... :)
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Next

Return to Cosmetics