Front JDM flair colour for my B4

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Front JDM flair colour for my B4

Postby Pyr0m4n14c44 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to find meself a set of used JDM front flairs and the centre insert for a fairly reasonable price. But because they were pretty scratched up, temporarily I have wrapped them in matte black vinyl until I get them spray painted silver and leave the insert black. The black look is starting to grow on me however....

http://i.imgur.com/hh578xd.jpg

My question is, in your opinion, does it look better left black or should I still get it spray painted the same colour as the car,

Cheers.
MY01 Subaru Liberty B4 Tuned by Kido Racing

Sequential twins are fun, nothing like letting your guard down then getting a swift kick in the arse at high revs.
Pyr0m4n14c44

Car: 2001 Liberty B4

Re: Front JDM flair colour for my B4

Postby tom_kauf » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:34 pm

I like it in black. Gives it a bit of a different look - more aggressive. People that had it body colour would probably paint it to customise their car lol. So I think now going to the effort of painting it body colour isn't worth it. But up to u in the end. Body colour would be a bit more stealthy, but it's not like the black stands out that much anyway.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Adrian2627 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:09 pm

I'd leave it black, paint the rest of the opening black then run a contrasting colour strip, as your plates are red I'd go with red, from the plates down through the gap in between the extensions. I'd then look at where you can put the colour strip on the rear to tie them both together.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby Dyrraj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Wow that looks awesome i know this is a kinda old thread, but where did you get them? I would love a set for my gen3 too!
Dyrraj

Car: 2001 Subaru Liberty

Postby Pyr0m4n14c44 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 am

They're becoming increasingly rare these days, i found them on eBay from a russian seller and got them shipped here (Very used, scratches for days but I've fixed them up now). The Russians really love the B4s.

Also, decided to paint them body colour :)

Soon gonna get me a set of rear flairs or possibly a Gialla Rear kit.
MY01 Subaru Liberty B4 Tuned by Kido Racing

Sequential twins are fun, nothing like letting your guard down then getting a swift kick in the arse at high revs.
Pyr0m4n14c44

Car: 2001 Liberty B4

Return to Cosmetics