Gen 3 JDM Rear Garnish Sedan HELP

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Gen 3 JDM Rear Garnish Sedan HELP

Postby et2428 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi all,

I am aware that other threads have covered how to convert AUDM garnish to LOOK like JDM ones, however I have just purchased a jdm boot with the legacy branded garnish and discovered that the garnish bulbs do not light up when head lights are on. (reverse works perfectly) I was wondering if anyone has put one in before, and if its just a matter of transferring the boot harness over as well as the garnish to my audm car? I have still kept the jdm boot harness, but yet to install it as I thought the AUDM one should do it.

Thanks in advance!
et2428

Car: Subaru Liberty B4 02

Re: Gen 3 JDM Rear Garnish Sedan HELP

Postby et2428 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Quick update, the JDM harness makes all the lights work the way it should.
et2428

Postby zoliberty » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:50 pm

I modded my old Gen 3 rear garnish to light up like the JDM one, took a bit of work but it turned out ok.

Did the right side first.

zoliberty

Car: Liberty MY07 Spec.B 3l

Postby et2428 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:27 pm

All good, I swapped the harness and the whole thing lit up, I think the AUDM one doesnt light up as evenly as the JDM ones as the lights in the middle are super bright
et2428

Postby zoliberty » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 am

Yeah my photo doesn't do it justice. The JDM garnish has an extra layer of frosted film inside the light which spreads out the light more evenly. The only cost involved was a bit of time, silver paint and 2 additional light bulb harnesses which I connected to the wing brake light.
zoliberty

Car: Liberty MY07 Spec.B 3l

Postby Pyr0m4n14c44 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:14 pm

et2428 wrote:Hi all,

I am aware that other threads have covered how to convert AUDM garnish to LOOK like JDM ones, however I have just purchased a jdm boot with the legacy branded garnish and discovered that the garnish bulbs do not light up when head lights are on. (reverse works perfectly) I was wondering if anyone has put one in before, and if its just a matter of transferring the boot harness over as well as the garnish to my audm car? I have still kept the jdm boot harness, but yet to install it as I thought the AUDM one should do it.

Thanks in advance!

The AUDM ones do not have boot parkers, just one rear fog light. It would be advisable to transfer the harness too to make things easier. THe harness can connect directly into the AUDM feed connector.

But one thing to keep in mind, I used the JDM harness which came with my garnish and all lights worked perfectly EXCEPT the licence plate lights. The harness connects directly into the AUDM harness but the wiring for the licence plate lights are non existent. I linked the parkers to the licence plate lights and hey presto, all lights work now :D

Good luck! If you need any more assistance, I'll be happy to help.

EDIT: Also keep in mind, the JDM garnish is tinted slightly....Learned that the hard way....Need to eventually buy side lights to even the tint out. I do not believe just tinting it would give it justice.
Last edited by Pyr0m4n14c44 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY01 Subaru Liberty B4 Tuned by Kido Racing

Sequential twins are fun, nothing like letting your guard down then getting a swift kick in the arse at high revs.
Pyr0m4n14c44

Car: 2001 Liberty B4

Postby et2428 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks mate, I got it sorted though a few months back, I also found out the license plate lights didnt light up the hard way when I got told by following vehicles, lucky no cops were around. I wired mine up to the parkers as well after much trial and error with old and new bulbs to confirm what I thought. Luckily I got the tinted side lights with the rear garnish all in one hit! only 100 dollars including the boot lid it was attached to!
et2428

Return to Cosmetics