gen 4 folding mirrors

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

gen 4 folding mirrors

Postby SIMO888 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Evening all I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if I got the folding mirrors and switch if there is any additional wiring, relays or things needed other than the mirror and switch ???
SIMO888

Car: 07 liberty premium MY08

Re: gen 4 folding mirrors

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Bit of a can o worms, best look up the chap that did the mod in the uk as its rhd specific, the us diys have a lot of superfluous rhd to lhd info on top.

In short, the jdm harness has 2 extra pins for heat iirc, but the adm plug still fits in, apparently as its smaller: 9 vs 7 pins...
Heat can be supplied from switched fused 12v iirc but a timer relay might be a good idea.

From memory the wiring is all there on the body side to fit the manual folding mirror switch which also has the mirror control, headlight leveller, eco button etc...

The USA diys suggest that the Prefl motorised cores fit the Postfl mirrors but I've not yet tried it.

From there, it's possible to add an auto fold module so they activate on key-on/off.
I bought an inexpensive unit on eBay or aliexpress, but like the rest of the parts, switch, prefl folding heated mirrors: I'm saving the project for a very rainy day. :)

If your buying eg on import monster, I'm fairly sure folding heated mirrors were stock on jdm spec b's and iirc the harnesses have a metallic bronze sheen on the shielding tube.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: gen 4 folding mirrors

Postby SIMO888 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:00 am

thanks heaps been there off an S402 from overseas
SIMO888

Car: 07 liberty premium MY08

Return to Cosmetics