PSA - Washer tube replacement

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

PSA - Washer tube replacement

Postby jiggabite » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Noticed that my washer jets performance had severely reduced as of recently. The pressure behind the spray was non-existent which resulted in smeary streaks on my windscreen.
Not wanting to be a victim of poor visibility, I decided to investigate the root of the problem.

First step was removal of the washer tube where it meets the elbow bend on the underside of the bonnet. A quick spray confirmed there wasn't a pressure issue there with a large gush of water spraying onto the floor.
Second step was to reconnect the tube to the elbow and tested the spray again. Trickling water was heard after the spray and a quick check under the bonnet revealed there was a leak under the bonnet protector near the scoop.
A quick investigation revealed my tube had deteriorated and split (most likely a combination of high km and the TMIC being nearby).

A trip to supercheap auto netted 1m of 4mm plastic vacuum tube for $4.99.

Removed 6 of the bonnet protector clips for easier access and went about replacing the tube. Ended up only needing about 600mm of tube, but better to have more than not enough. Note when replacing the tube that the one way valve gets connected the same way so both nozzles work. Gave it a test and back to perfect working order.

jiggabite

Car: MY07 Liberty GTB Sedan Pearl White

Return to Cosmetics