TreadWear Tyre Lettering

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

TreadWear Tyre Lettering

Postby tom_kauf » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 am

I only recently heard about these. I just ordered mine, will keep everyone posted 8) .

Like they say in the video, there's no practical reason for it, it just looks cool. Maybe a bit geeky, but I like them (especially on darker wheels from stock SpecBs to black). They even do logos, eg Subaru logo :wink: .

'Liberty.asn.au' is probably a bit too long, unless you want the letters to go around half your tyre. Just 'Liberty' might be ok but a bit boring imo. So I went with the Subaru logo and a single Tracer stripe for each tyre.

I don't really see the point of having your tyre manufacturer on there. Maybe for something exotic like Pirelli PZeros, but l just have Bridgestones (although they're fantastic, that's not very cool). And I read somewhere that they can't do lettering that says 'Bridgestone' - something to do with trademarks I guess. Maybe Bridgestone lawyers weren't happy (other manufacturers seem fine with it).

http://www.tredwearletters.com/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYl-5sqkUk

[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Re: TreadWear Tyre Lettering

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I saw this video as well, I was going to post it but .. I er.. got distracted?
I think it's pretty awesome - maybe I should get some to go on the new shoes - although not sure what I'd get.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 pm

confused, the video said it didnt make his car faster?

In all seriousness i think this is a product that could either individualize a car, or ruin it. If you can get it right, then like on the WRX picture, wow.
I feel as though you might want some semi-serious go to back up your new found 'sponsorship' to avoid the risk of that ricer effect.
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby tom_kauf » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 am

Agreed. The cars they use to advertise the product are pretty sweet. It's not like we're putting them on a shitty car, but like you said, there's a difference between individualisng a car and making it look rice. My order arrived yesterday, so I'll put them up with some eg Blutac to see how they look. And post some pics.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby SomeFReaK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:50 pm

i used to buy white paint pens and colour in the logo on the tyres, that looked cool but this is a whole new level :)
SomeFReaK

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25973

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:23 pm

I only just got around to trying them (with blutac for now). Dunno why they sent 8 stripes and logos, maybe in case I damage or mess up some. No the best pictures, but you get the idea. I'm not a big fan of them :?.
They look kinda cool at night (better than in the day), but a bit rice.

If someone wants them, I'll give them a good price 8). There's even enough for 2 cars.

This is what arrived (with the pack of glue not in the picture):

Without the stripe (looks a bit better imo):

With the stripe:
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Return to Cosmetics