Advice with Dupli Color?

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Advice with Dupli Color?

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Hey All

I have been looking at Dupli Color for a few different applications most of which are requiring high temp, and have been looking at Dupli-Color High Heat Paint with ceramic

I want to paint a section of exhaust just behind the cats til the flange as the 3rd cat was removed and a 2-1 collector was welded in and it looks tacky as the paint is just a quick coat to prevent rust
I also want to paint my calipers later down the track and am wondering whether i specifically need the caliper paint for these or whether i can use the Dupli-Color High Heat Paint with Ceramic on both exhaust and calipers?

Is using a primer ideal for these applications? i am worried about using the engine primer as its only good for 500 degrees instead of the High Heat Paint which is good for over 1000 degrees

i think the primer would be good for the calipers but maybe not the exhaust

im guessing a clear coat would also be beneficial for the calipers, the High Heat paint has a clear

any advice would be highly valued as im obviously a novice when it comes to knowing about paint, and the ppl at repco were zero help to me

cheers

Brunsy
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Re: Advice with Dupli Color?

Postby Deep Heat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 am

Should use caliper paint for calipers or at the very least spray them with a clear designed for calipers. Remember brake fluid will eat through normal paints.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Return to Cosmetics