Footwell lights

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Footwell lights

Postby xvxxv » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 am

I have a 05 3.0 R Liberty and I am wanting to put subtle red footwell light on both passenger and driver side, I also would like to be able to turn them on and off when I please. I have no idea where to buy one, what kind to buy or if there are some pre made non oem ones around.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated :D
xvxxv

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty 3.0r

Re: Footwell lights

Postby TheMightyGonzo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 am

Not sure exactly how much light you want, but using something like this might work.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/380687643179?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

It's called neon wire, It's usually connected to a small switch/battery pack so you can turn it on and off, and it's also really easy to work with. The one I linked you to is just an example of what's out there, googling 'neon wire' returns loads of different variations, brightnesses, colours etc.
TheMightyGonzo

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B Wagon

Re: Footwell lights

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Hit up HKS180 (Leo) youll have to solder some wiring and insert a switch pretty easy just make sure you leave enough wiring underneath the front seat so you can move the chair fully forward and fully back

Im interested in seeing the red as it will accent the stock instrument light chuck some photos up if you go through with it

....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Return to Cosmetics