JDM Grille - fits?

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

JDM Grille - fits?

Postby cynner » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm looking at a JDM Grille (that fits the BL5/BP5 Legacy 2.0i, 2.0GT or 2.0R). Apparently it doesn't fit the USDM model.

I'm trying to work out if it would fit the AUDM 2.5GT? Looks like it would fit visually...?

cynner

Car: MY08 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23586

Re: JDM Grille - fits?

Postby Adrian2627 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:31 pm

It'll depend what BL/BP5 it is from. All the JDM Legacys are 2.0 so that's no help unfortunately. You'll need to find a grill from a BL/BP5 D-F to fit your car if it's a 2.5. USDM bumpers are completely different to JDM/AUDM due to impact requirements I think. They look like the car has a fat lip.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby d-chang » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm

No it won't fit... it will come up a bit short on the post face cars... I encountered that problem when I swapped my bumper on my old car to the preface 3.0 front bar, tried to fit my standard grille (I had a 2.0R at the time) and it came up short... there was a gap of about half an inch on the bottom between the bottom of the grille and the bumper. I solved it with a post face grille. So because you are going the reverse order to what I did, I can tell you anything that will fit a 2.0GT, 2.0R won't fit.
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby cynner » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Ah bugger, well if anyone wants a nice looking grille - I think this is a good price, even with postage factored in...

www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-BL5-BP5-STI-OEM ... 27d&_uhb=1

(So it would fit a pre-facelift, correct?)
cynner

Car: MY08 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23586

Postby Adrian2627 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 pm

JDM BP/BL5 D-F, Post Facelift to you guys, were still 2.0l where AUDM was 2.5l. Daniel is correct in saying that the pre to post facelift grills aren't compatible but a JDM 2.0GT/GT Spec B D-F grill will fit on a AUDM Post Facelift 2.5 GT/GT Spec B as JDM A-C will fit on Pre Facelift.

All that said based on that part number it is an A-C Pre Facelift grill so yes it won't fit
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Return to Cosmetics