Bonnet Guards / Protectors

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Bonnet Guards / Protectors

Postby Shiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi there, I was just wondering if someone could advise me whether a bonnet guard off a pre-facelift Liberty would fit a post-facelift Outback?

I'm still a bit new to Gen4's and learning of the interchangeability between revisions and also between types of car (Liberty compared with Outback).

I go off road once in a while so looking at purchasing a bonnet guard for my Outback....

Thanks in advance,
Shiv
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Re: Bonnet Guards / Protectors

Postby HyRax » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 pm

It just clips on. The bonnets are pretty much identical.

But I find the bonnet guards are uglier than the stone chips they aim to avoid. You'd be better off lining the leading edge of your bonnet with 3M clear vinyl. You'd be amazed how well 1mm thick vinyl is able to stop stones touching the paintwork and it looks near invisible to others too (only car polish tends to reveal the edges).
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...
HyRax

Car: ADM MY19 3.6R Outback
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15482

Re: Bonnet Guards / Protectors

Postby Shiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm

HyRax wrote:It just clips on. The bonnets are pretty much identical.

But I find the bonnet guards are uglier than the stone chips they aim to avoid. You'd be better off lining the leading edge of your bonnet with 3M clear vinyl. You'd be amazed how well 1mm thick vinyl is able to stop stones touching the paintwork and it looks near invisible to others too (only car polish tends to reveal the edges).

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that...

I agree bonnet protectors are ugly. However I'd only put it on for long drives out of town.

My bonnet is freshly painted at the moment, so looking to keep it that way for as long as possible!
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Return to Cosmetics