Pedals

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Pedals

Postby Shiv » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi gents,

I've got an Outback which comes with the standard pedals. Would like to upgrade to the Spec B style pedals.

Does anyone know if they can just be put on or if you need the whole pedal box?

I've heard conflicting reports from wreckers, some saying its okay and others saying that you need to replace the whole pedal box and if you do that, you need to get one from your model/engine type so that it does not affect the throttle sensitivity...
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Re: Pedals

Postby RX25SE » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey Shiv,
I just had a look at mine. If I feel around the back of the pedal I can feel a lip so I suspect the B spec cars only had a different pedal pad, not the pedal itself. Kinda makes sense as I cant see a manufacturer making different pedal or pedal box just for a different style of pad.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Re: Pedals

Postby Shiv » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 pm

RX25SE wrote:Hey Shiv,
I just had a look at mine. If I feel around the back of the pedal I can feel a lip so I suspect the B spec cars only had a different pedal pad, not the pedal itself. Kinda makes sense as I cant see a manufacturer making different pedal or pedal box just for a different style of pad.

That's what I suspected, thanks Jase.
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Return to Cosmetics