WRX seats, will they fit?

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

WRX seats, will they fit?

Postby Zombie Gen4 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey Guys, im not sure if this is the right place to post this but im sure someone will let me know.

i have a few WRXs and owned many more in the past, i love the seats in my GH8 WRX ... and well all the seats really

now , ive been told on a few ocasions that seats from a 04 up to 07 WRX will fit my Gen4 liberty... is this true? (front onl) i miss the nice huging seats and i really dislike my current seats ha
i cant really find this info anywhere so hence me asking before i go out and buy some nice leather ones for it

Thanks!
Zombie Gen4 = RUN 4 17
Zombie Gen4

Car: 2004 Gen4

Re: WRX seats, will they fit?

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Not sure if it's what you are after, but you can get your current seats reupholsered, to give more lateral support, or whatever you are after.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby cruisn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Pretty sure that your info is correct. '04-'07 seats from the WRX will fit the Gen4.

Find a friend with the car and do a trial swap. 20 min Job.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Zombie Gen4 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 pm

cruisn wrote:Pretty sure that your info is correct. '04-'07 seats from the WRX will fit the Gen4.

2 minute Job as i have a rattle gun, hard part is to find a friend with a 04 - 07 ... or a friend for that matter haha.
im new to Perth so have to find someone to help

Thanks
Zombie Gen4 = RUN 4 17
Zombie Gen4

Postby JDGT05 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Zombie Gen4 wrote:
cruisn wrote:Pretty sure that your info is correct. '04-'07 seats from the WRX will fit the Gen4.

2 minute Job as i have a rattle gun, hard part is to find a friend with a 04 - 07 ... or a friend for that matter haha.
im new to Perth so have to find someone to help

Thanks

Ask on the SUBARU OWNERS WA Facebook page.. generally people are helpful on there, if not the club.lib team from Perth are the best anyways ;) but not likely to have any WRXs among them.
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Postby cruisn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm

20 min job to remove yours, remove WRX's, trial fit and refit both seats. ;)
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Zombie Gen4 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks for your help guys!
Zombie Gen4 = RUN 4 17
Zombie Gen4

Postby GT-B Spec R Pilot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Please post the result once you are able to give it a go, it will save someone some time in the future for sure! Cheers & good luck..
GT-B Spec R Pilot

Car: MY09 Liberty GT-B Spec R 17/50

Postby GTbee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Not sure if it's what you are after, but you can get your current seats reupholsered, to give more lateral support, or whatever you are after.

Has anyone had seats redone in this way and had good results for support? I'm considering getting Alancantra inserts like the TbSTI's as I hate the slippery leather.

I wonder if the WRX seats if fitted, will foul the centre console like the standard ones do when you use the lumbar support
GTbee

Car: 2005 3.0R-B 6 speed Blue Sedan

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

GTbee wrote:
lump_a_charcoal wrote:Not sure if it's what you are after, but you can get your current seats reupholsered, to give more lateral support, or whatever you are after.

Has anyone had seats redone in this way and had good results for support? I'm considering getting Alancantra inserts like the TbSTI's as I hate the slippery leather.

I wonder if the WRX seats if fitted, will foul the centre console like the standard ones do when you use the lumbar support

I also meant additional padding, etc.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby GTbee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:57 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:
GTbee wrote:

I also meant additional padding, etc.

Yes I know. What I meant was that I was considering Alacantara and was also considering extra bolstering too. :wink:
GTbee

Car: 2005 3.0R-B 6 speed Blue Sedan

Return to Cosmetics