Fabric seat stitching

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Fabric seat stitching

Postby SUM12C » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Just letting people know that my driver seat stitching has come undone. It’s on the back support at the top corner between the two different types of fabrics, roughly where your shoulder blade touches the seat and to maybe check theirs.
Ill be letting Subaru know when I take it for service to try and get it repaired under warranty.
| MY04 GT 5AT RED | STI Lateral Link Set, Strut Brace & Springs | Whiteline Adj Sway Bars | Cusco end Links & Brackets | Hi Tech Quads | HKS dump | Apexi Pod Filter | Air guide | Now rolling on 18" |
SUM12C

Car: MY04 Liberty GT

Postby Mano™ » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Sorry to hear man :( how old is the car until this happend?

Yeah I'm sure u will be able to get it under warrenty dude..

Fingers crossed and be sure to post back what happends :)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby SUM12C » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:47 pm

The car is a 3 years and 1 month old, done about 63km. My next service is due in December and I was thinking about letting it go till then but I might ring up and see what they say.
| MY04 GT 5AT RED | STI Lateral Link Set, Strut Brace & Springs | Whiteline Adj Sway Bars | Cusco end Links & Brackets | Hi Tech Quads | HKS dump | Apexi Pod Filter | Air guide | Now rolling on 18" |
SUM12C

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:02 am

ive seen it happen before.. and being in the place it is, doesnt seem to be a place that is exposed to wear and tare.. and i dont think you should have any warranty probs..

best of luck with it anyway
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby SUM12C » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Well I guess stupid me for thinking the extended warranty (Subaru Assured) covered the same things as the normal warranty. Having not read the 'Schedule of components not covered', I found out today the interior/exterior trim and seats are not covered along with a long list of other things that nearly make up the whole car.
SUM12C

Postby Mano™ » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:27 pm

When you purchased the car.. did you upgrade your warrenty?? or you left it as is?

Sorry to hear man and it's a bloody shame such a think has happend :( that is farked..

Any idea how much it would cost you to get it fixed?
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby SUM12C » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:16 pm

I got the extended warranty thrown in when I purchased the car (second hand from a Subaru dealer). Subaru quoted around $166 for them to repair it, but I’m thinking I can get it cheaper by cutting out the middle man and going to a repairer myself.
SUM12C

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:11 am

thats a spin out, and a shame of course that it isnt covered by warranty, cause its bascially a fault that should not occur in such a short life span of the car.

Good luck with getting it all fixed anyway champ.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Return to Cosmetics