Interior Lights from Red to Blue

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Postby lostix » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Ric wrote:According to http://stlplaces.com/night_vision_red_myth/
The "red to preserve night vision" is a myth...

Ever notice how the night-rider buses are permanently lit up with a low intensity blue internally?

hrm interesting. The army always uses red light due to its shorter wavelength (not as easy to spot) and the fact that having red light shining into your eyes doesn't fuck your eyes as bad as white light, but yeah, probably just due to the intensities.
lostix

Postby 06USDM2.5SE » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

Trieu wrote:
Yeah I kinda thought it would be a LED conversion cause don't they all run off a similar light at the very beginning of some tube? I ain't a sparkie so I dunno how it all works.... but having blue would be kinda different.

if i remember right......there a a bit of LED's inside. they are little mirco LEDs. in order to replace them you would have to figure out the size and find them on the internet. i personally like my red but that does look sweet! have you done it yet?
06jax2.5se on Legacygt.com

USDM 2006 SWP Legacy 2.5SE- Borla UEL header, Random Tech. high flow cat, Magnaflow resonator, high flow mufflers, COBB STS and all the bushing, custom intake w/ K&N panel filter, SS braided brake lines, rotors, Hawk HPS pads, custom power inverter above rear cup holders/ under seat, OEM Sub, eyelids, JDM rain visors, lip spoiler!
06USDM2.5SE

Postby WhiteGTB » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm

06USDM2.5SE wrote:
Trieu wrote:
Yeah I kinda thought it would be a LED conversion cause don't they all run off a similar light at the very beginning of some tube? I ain't a sparkie so I dunno how it all works.... but having blue would be kinda different.

if i remember right......there a a bit of LED's inside. they are little mirco LEDs. in order to replace them you would have to figure out the size and find them on the internet. i personally like my red but that does look sweet! have you done it yet?

Sorry mate, no.. due to no longer having a Lib...
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby LIBER8ED » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:07 pm

hey that looks pretty good.. dont mind the red that is already in there tho

just a bit of info too working from working with night vision goggles.... (battery powered toilet rolls with cellophane lol)

red has less strength over distances, however green is more user friendly on the eyes... note all night vision gear is green, and lights that are usually carried are green in colour.. harder to see, and easier on the eyes...
ok im done
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby simon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:50 am

thanks for that :P
simon

Postby 06USDM2.5SE » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:45 am

Trieu wrote:

so what do you have now??? I sure wish i would have been able to get those blitzen wheels off of you! Do you know where i can find some of those or those other wheels that you had on your car in the "White Team" thread???? those blitzen wheels looked HOT!
06jax2.5se on Legacygt.com

USDM 2006 SWP Legacy 2.5SE- Borla UEL header, Random Tech. high flow cat, Magnaflow resonator, high flow mufflers, COBB STS and all the bushing, custom intake w/ K&N panel filter, SS braided brake lines, rotors, Hawk HPS pads, custom power inverter above rear cup holders/ under seat, OEM Sub, eyelids, JDM rain visors, lip spoiler!
06USDM2.5SE

Postby Mano™ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:21 pm

To save me all the reading lol! has anyone successfully completed this yet?
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Ric » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:51 pm

06USDM2.5SE wrote:
Trieu wrote:

so what do you have now??? I sure wish i would have been able to get those blitzen wheels off of you! Do you know where i can find some of those or those other wheels that you had on your car in the "White Team" thread???? those blitzen wheels looked HOT!

Trieu's Liberty was written off a couple of months ago. He's in the market for a new one right now :)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby kvn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 am

i might give it a go.. now to only get me some blue LEDs..
kvn

Postby Mano™ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:48 pm

come on.. do it already :lol:
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Previous

Return to Cosmetics