Suggestions on what to buy

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Postby MIB » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:18 pm

If they do release a new Lib let's hope it's not as fugly as that new rex b@stard child thing.

Which one? I quite like the Outback if you're going to do gravel road only, but as others have said, get an old banger, I was peeved when I scratched and dented my 45k 4WD I had a few years back. If full on performance isn't important to you get the 2.5i, if you want more than that get the 3 or the GT. Spec B in either is the pic for handling straight out of the box. And now that I've got a sedan, I wish I got the wagon... Sedan boot is crappola if you want to put a MTB in it or anything.
06 3RB
MIB

Postby MY07GT » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:33 pm

BlackGT wrote:MY07GT wrote
Dont forget aswell nothing on your vehicle can be modified unless it came out that way from the factory on the purchase date

What happens if you repair certain parts with better ones?

On a novated lease, they only allow original parts that came from factory to be replaced. I looked into this as I was going to get a novated lease through my old workplace. I wanted to upgrade the tyres and they advised that it will be considered modified as it was not sold with them originally. Thats why I was originally going to order STi wheels with better tyres to be invoiced as comming out from the factory. This again also depends on which finance company u lease thru. But they are all pretty strict on changing anything.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby BlackGT » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:46 pm

MY07GT wrote:
Dont forget aswell nothing on your vehicle can be modified unless it came out that way from the factory on the purchase date

On a novated lease, they only allow original parts that came from factory to be replaced. I looked into this as I was going to get a novated lease through my old workplace. I wanted to upgrade the tyres and they advised that it will be considered modified as it was not sold with them originally. Thats why I was originally going to order STi wheels with better tyres to be invoiced as comming out from the factory. This again also depends on which finance company u lease thru. But they are all pretty strict on changing anything.

Phil.

Change it then just keep the original parts :?:
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby MY07GT » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:01 pm

BlackGT wrote:
MY07GT wrote:

Phil.

Change it then just keep the original parts :?:

Well end of the day, if your willing to risk it, your willing to pay the consequences, if all goes wrong. I dont think I can take that risk for a $60K car.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby gt_dicko » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Do you have your mind set on buying new? There always seems to be plenty of near new ones in the yard at my local dealer.
I bought mine when it was 12 months old, good thing about doing that is it had already depreciated a heap, meaning the balloon at the end of my CHP should be way less than the value of the car..... fingers crossed.
MY04 GT 5AT - SOLD
gt_dicko

Postby WeeGraeme » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 am

gt_dicko wrote:Do you have your mind set on buying new? There always seems to be plenty of near new ones in the yard at my local dealer.
I bought mine when it was 12 months old, good thing about doing that is it had already depreciated a heap, meaning the balloon at the end of my CHP should be way less than the value of the car..... fingers crossed.

Not absolutely. I'd been thinking about looking at demonstrators, but then there are demonstrators and demonstrators.
WeeGraeme

Car: MY10 2.0D Outback Premium

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:47 am

i think the only issue with modification is claiming the expenses. i replaced my wheels with my bling wheels, but just made sure i kept the tyre price in the same ball park as the origional. that way i can claim tyres without an issue.

and as far as i can see, as long as you keep your insurance current and up to date your covered.. i know alot of guys that lease through work the same as myself, and most of them do the same thing..
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby MIB » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:38 am

I modified my 4WD pretty well (suspenion lift, wheels, big tyres, bullbar, lights, rock dents, stereo) and it was leased, nothing was ever said about it and no one seemed to care, as long as I made the payments all was good. I think the only time they'll nail you for it is if you default on payments. They're money hungry pigs just like everyone else. That was on an operating lease, not a Novated lease.
06 3RB
MIB

Postby WeeGraeme » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 am

MY07GT wrote:

You still havent answered if car allowance was offered. If so a Commercial Hire Purchase is a way better option with many Tax claim benefits.

Sorry. I missed that question. Car allowance isn't offered.
WeeGraeme

Postby MY07GT » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:45 pm

LIBER8ED wrote:i think the only issue with modification is claiming the expenses. i replaced my wheels with my bling wheels, but just made sure i kept the tyre price in the same ball park as the origional. that way i can claim tyres without an issue.

and as far as i can see, as long as you keep your insurance current and up to date your covered.. i know alot of guys that lease through work the same as myself, and most of them do the same thing..

Well novated leases usually include your comprehensive insurance. Workplaces/insurance companies dont support modifications as they contribute to accidents they say.

It will more likely impact the insurance sides of things, that's why the companies usually state that no modifications are allowed.

I suggest u guys with leases confirm with your workplace/novated lease company. No one cares or says anything until an accident occurs as they often use the mainstream insurers, not ur shannons/just cars.......

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby XRC15T » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:59 pm

novated lease, you can claim everything, insurance, service, parking, fuel, tolls etc etc...
XRC15T

Postby WeeGraeme » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:31 pm

MY07GT wrote:I suggest u guys with leases confirm with your workplace/novated lease company. No one cares or says anything until an accident occurs as they often use the mainstream insurers, not ur shannons/just cars.......

Phil.

With my current lease, I choose the insurance company and then just claim it back. I get to choose whether I pay annually or monthly too.

I do think it's probably worthwhile checking out the terms of the lease though. My understanding of a lease is that you hold absolutely no equity in the vehicle at all until you make the balloon payment at the end of the lease. The finance company / bank owns the vehicle until that time, even though the leasee still retains every other liability.
WeeGraeme

Postby MY07GT » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:28 am

Ah hah. I guess larger organisations use a dedicated insurance company.

Thats correct all your doing is making rental payments as its not technically ur vehicle.

Thats why you can claim the GST & depreciation as its not YOUR vehicle.

But then again theres sum really good accountants out there! :wink:

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby WeeGraeme » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 pm

I think I'm leaning towards a 2.5i sedan now. I'm leaning away from leasing and more towards buying. Admittedly with leasing, and the salary packaging arrangments I have access to, I might conceivably stretch to a 3.0 spec B, but it would be nice not to have to worry about making sure I do enough km's to avoid a tax bill.

I was reading the OzLiberty forum and someone there was talking about oil problems with the 2.5. Is this actually a problem, or is it a bit of an exageration?
WeeGraeme

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:15 am

ive personally not had any issues with my oil at all, the only issues ive had are the heat shield rattling like a bi#@h and a high consumption of both headlight and fog light globes...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat