Subaru Liberty Exiga 2012 workshop manual

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Subaru Liberty Exiga 2012 workshop manual

Postby disco stu » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi all. New member here

We recently picked up a 2012 Liberty Exiga for the wife to drive. Having an issue with the AC and I'm trying to find a workshop manual for it. Being a fairly uncommon car, finding manual for the Exiga is a little harder.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if the Exiga is built on another platform and just has different body on it, if that makes sense? I can find manuals for the Liberty/Legacy etc and was hoping the Exiga might be running basically the same running gear, wiring etc as those.

While I'm here I may as well outline what is happening in case its a known issue.

The AC works fine, when it works. But it intermittently will stop working, and you get no cold air coming out. This seems to happen on stinking hot days, or after some heat soak with vehicle sitting after running for a bit. Early days yet, but that is what I've noticed.

It happened yesterday, and I the compressor clutch wasn't engaging when it didn't run. Left it with bonnet open for a while when it cooled off a bit, tried again and got cold air and the compressor clutch kicked in fine.

This is leading me to think its possibly a sensor or wiring issue affected by temperature. Or a temp issue affecting the clutch in the compressor itself.

The stereo head unit has also gone completely blank. Know if there would be any issues just swapping another double din head unit straight into it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

Stu
disco stu

Car: 2012 Exiga, NL Pajero

Re: Subaru Liberty Exiga 2012 workshop manual

Postby Ric » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:32 pm

You may just be low on refrigerant gas.
My first move would be to visit an aircon shop to have that checked.,
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby disco stu » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:07 pm

Thanks Ric

The fact it works fine at times but other times not at all rules out the refrigerant

I actually found the issue it seems, was a bit easier than I thought it would be. Relay in the engine bay fuse box seems dicky, gave it a tap with air con turned on but not working, and compressor kicked straight in. Got same relays in by box of relays and will swap in shortly
disco stu

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:16 am

I agree it’s potentially impossible to find an Exiga FSM.
But Subaru models share platforms and parts, and we might assume the Exiga is built on the BP/BL platform.
But is the engine configuration BP/BL or BM/BR?
Because that might inform the associated electrical systems.
my approach would be to input the VIN# into Partsouq com, and check if the engine and gearbox assy mounting is similar to which generation Liberty/Legacy.
BP/BL has two lower engine mounts, pitch stop and a lower gearbox cross member mount.
BM/BR is different especially at the gearbox end, to the point that a retrofit into the previous gen isn’t possible.
Anyhow comparing the two platforms and eg the major bolt on accessories (eg AC compressor) or main harness part numbers might give clues to which Liberty platform is closest electronically to your Exiga. Chances are it might be the BP/BL.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby subyroo » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:48 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:I agree it’s potentially impossible to find an Exiga FSM.
But Subaru models share platforms and parts, and we might assume the Exiga is built on the BP/BL platform.
But is the engine configuration BP/BL or BM/BR?
Because that might inform the associated electrical systems.
my approach would be to input the VIN# into Partsouq com, and check if the engine and gearbox assy mounting is similar to which generation Liberty/Legacy.
BP/BL has two lower engine mounts, pitch stop and a lower gearbox cross member mount.
BM/BR is different especially at the gearbox end, to the point that a retrofit into the previous gen isn’t possible.
Anyhow comparing the two platforms and eg the major bolt on accessories (eg AC compressor) or main harness part numbers might give clues to which Liberty platform is closest electronically to your Exiga. Chances are it might be the BP/BL.

OP could try this site... it's damn slow though. I downloaded 2 of the files but neither of them work with my Adobe Acrobat, says the files are corrupted. Somebody may have more luck though.
There 3 parts:
1 x for the Subaru Exiga repair manual.
1 x for the Subaru Exiga owners face Electrical System Fuses And Circuit Subaru Exiga.
1 x for the Parts Catalog Subaru Exiga.

https://siteav.usite.pro/index/subaru_exiga/0-1041
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Postby disco stu » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:48 pm

Thanks so much guys. I'm new to Subaru so have no understanding of models etc. Cheers for the tip on partsouq. You think just search for the part numbers for our car and see what other models they apply to to get a good idea?

I think that must have been the site I tried subyroo. Downloads took forever and then wouldn't open. I did find something that got me on the right track, I think for liberty of similar age. Fuse box layout was different but it still helped
disco stu

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:25 am

Thanks Subyroo, I’ll investigate and hopefully add the link to the FSM FAQ. :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to General Chat