Subaru Liberty 96, gen 2 Wagon

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Subaru Liberty 96, gen 2 Wagon

Postby Wixtha » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi all. I have a Subaru Liberty 96, gen 2 Wagon, and i currently only have a cannon on it, and it sounds ok but not like the real deep purrr like a subaru should have, i was just wondering is there anything i can do to my car that will give it the real nice loud subaru rumble and purr and also isnt going to smash my bank account either? I also kinda want it to have more power, are there any real simple things that i can do (me being a rookie in the mechanical scheme of things) to my engine or car???

Any advice would be great thanks.
Waclaw - read this
Wixtha

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback

Re: Subaru Liberty 96, gen 2 Wagon

Postby Yowie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:53 am

I don't know about that model in particular, but often the factory exhaust has a wide/flat rectangular resonator that is tuned to reduce some resonant frequencies etc.

Replacing that with a straight-through "hotdog" style resonator might add some rumble.

If you check where the middle section bolts in, you might get lucky and find that a WRX middle section (with hotdog) bolts straight in. Discarded stock WRX exhausts would be easy to come by.

More generally, a larger-diameter exhaust (whole or part of system) will tend to add some noise & rumble too.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Return to General Chat