Difficulty finding 07-09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B MT Wagon

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Difficulty finding 07-09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B MT Wagon

Postby aussiefozzie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Trying to find a facelifted low mileage 3.0R Spec B wagon with a manual in WA, driven the sedan and had a blast, but want a bit of extra space. Would like it to be unmodifed. Have been looking for months and haven’t seen any let alone a low mileage one in Perth...... Any suggestions? Anyone selling!? Thanks :shock:
aussiefozzie

Car: Subaru Forester

Re: Difficulty finding 07-09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B MT Wagon

Postby craig_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 am

Here is the search I used on Carsales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/result ... =makemodel

Is there any reason you won't fly to another state and drive it home? This has been done many times by people I know. Its no different from buying it from the guy in the next street since either way, there is no warranty.

Plus, road trip.
craig_

Car: MY03 RX & MY10 XT

Postby aussiefozzie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:19 am

Very good idea which I have thought about, just have to remember that flights from Perth to Eastern States are expenno, especially on short notice. But would be an awesome road trip, will just have to find a week to be able to do it! Cheers for reply
aussiefozzie

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Getting a car transported to you may also be financially worth it. Probably not cheaper than you just flying somewhere, but once you factor in fuel + accommodation, or even taking time off etc....

I bought my MT Wagon GT SpecB from WA, and had it transported to where I was at the time in North QLD. It worked out really well. You'd have to rely on a pre-purchase inspection of course, since you can't drive it, but I was going to do that anyway. They'd be able to spot more issues by putting it up on a lift, than I could by just doing a test-drive.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby aussiefozzie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 pm

The driving home idea actually seems tempting, but looking at the costs of stamp duty on arrival and de-registering and then re-registering in WA as well as then having to go over the pits will all add up and a add stress. Just hoping to find an irresistible example to make these issues worth it :P or better still, find one in Perth.
aussiefozzie

Postby Jamo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Mate, just buy the best one from interstate, and truck it over. I took a year to find a 2009’GT wagon and when I did it was in Adelaide. Paid 300 for a full inspection , 1100 to ship it, 100 to get it over the pits then registration.. simple. I havent looked back.
Jamo

Return to General Chat