Sort of newbie question...

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Sort of newbie question...

Postby zazutata » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm

We've owned a 4Gen manual wagon for a few years now and it's been a great car not only to drive but also for one of the children to learn in. Thinking of now passing this on to him and thinking about a 2010 5Gen GT Premium manual wagon. Looking for some advice as to what I should look our for around potential problems, test drive (noises, vibrations etc) and anything I may be able to see in terms of leaks or other visual problems. Many thanks...
zazutata

Re: Sort of newbie question...

Postby fedaykin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:10 am

I bought mine at 210,000km a couple of years ago. It's about to reach 250,000km.
No real issues, just O2 sensors, worn shifter bush, noisy input shaft bearing (noise when clutch is in), worn suspension components (as expected).

Seems to be pretty reliable, I doubt you'll get a high km car like I did. Just check for usual clunks, vibrations. Check under the car for leaks, damages etc.
Check service history as well.
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby zazutata » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks so much for the reply. Hoping to check one out today (2012 model) with 95,000 on the clock. Really appreciate your comments...
zazutata

Postby fedaykin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Just remember the timing belt + associated bits have to be changed soon, so factor that in.
Apart from that, I don't see any other issues. Mine's been quite reliable (so far).
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Return to General Chat