Newly Aquired Liberty

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Newly Aquired Liberty

Postby Yeahliberty » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello all, as the title suggests I have recently purchased a Subaru Liberty 3.0r Spec b wagon and I love the car so far. The previous owner was not loving and didn’t do much maintainence. I am aware ahout the lowet control arm bushes, they do require replacement and I just would like suggestions to what I should replace them with.

The previous owner also install lowered springs on the stock shocks, it makes the rear look like its got multiple dead bodys in the back, also it rides badly. I want to replace the shocks and springs entirely as the shocks are also done, again i am looking for recommendations to what brand is best suited.

To keep in mind I also drive in the country monday to friday as I work on a farm. (Reason for buying a subaru) keep this in mind as I do push it at some speed.

I have put 2 brand new tyres on it, some bridgestone potenza re003’s, the car understeers quite badly. Perhaps recommendations to some sway bars?
The front bumper is badly damaged and I am not a fan of the standard front bumper, is it possible for a front bar off a gt to fit?
The head unit is working good except the fact that the cd stacker does not work and doesn’t have aux, is it possible to upgrade, To the later model head unit? Or an aftermarket one entirely.

Cheers for your help, this is the first Subaru I’ve ever driven and i am impressed so far.
Yeahliberty

Car: Subaru liberty 3.0r Spec b

Re: Newly Aquired Liberty

Postby Ric » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

Yeahliberty wrote:Hello all, as the title suggests I have recently purchased a Subaru Liberty 3.0r Spec b wagon and I love the car so far.

I'd say "join the club", but you just did. :)

The previous owner was not loving and didn’t do much maintainence. I am aware ahout the lowet control arm bushes, they do require replacement and I just would like suggestions to what I should replace them with.

I replaced mine with some urethane ones from Garage88 and love them.
You can also get Whiteline ones from Pedders.

The previous owner also install lowered springs on the stock shocks, it makes the rear look like its got multiple dead bodys in the back, also it rides badly. I want to replace the shocks and springs entirely as the shocks are also done, again i am looking for recommendations to what brand is best suited.

I had standard Spec B back springs that sagged after many years towing a car trailer. Replaced with some Pedders heavy duty springs, also good.

I have put 2 brand new tyres on it, some bridgestone potenza re003’s, the car understeers quite badly.

Beware of replacing tyres in pairs. If the rolling diameter of the front and back is different, you will kill your centre differential.

The head unit is working good except the fact that the cd stacker does not work and doesn’t have aux, is it possible to upgrade, To the later model head unit? Or an aftermarket one entirely.

The stacker mechanism is famous for jamming.
Mine is still fine, but I don't change discs often.
No, there's no AUX support, and because the main amp is under the passenger seat, it's a major exercise to replace it with a later head unit.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Return to General Chat