Newly Aquired Liberty

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Newly Aquired Liberty

Postby Yeahliberty » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello all, as the title suggests I have recently purchased a Subaru Liberty 3.0r Spec b wagon and I love the car so far. The previous owner was not loving and didn’t do much maintainence. I am aware ahout the lowet control arm bushes, they do require replacement and I just would like suggestions to what I should replace them with.

The previous owner also install lowered springs on the stock shocks, it makes the rear look like its got multiple dead bodys in the back, also it rides badly. I want to replace the shocks and springs entirely as the shocks are also done, again i am looking for recommendations to what brand is best suited.

To keep in mind I also drive in the country monday to friday as I work on a farm. (Reason for buying a subaru) keep this in mind as I do push it at some speed.

I have put 2 brand new tyres on it, some bridgestone potenza re003’s, the car understeers quite badly. Perhaps recommendations to some sway bars?
The front bumper is badly damaged and I am not a fan of the standard front bumper, is it possible for a front bar off a gt to fit?
The head unit is working good except the fact that the cd stacker does not work and doesn’t have aux, is it possible to upgrade, To the later model head unit? Or an aftermarket one entirely.

Cheers for your help, this is the first Subaru I’ve ever driven and i am impressed so far.
Yeahliberty

Car: Subaru liberty 3.0r Spec b

Re: Newly Aquired Liberty

Postby Ric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:55 am

Yeahliberty wrote:Hello all, as the title suggests I have recently purchased a Subaru Liberty 3.0r Spec b wagon and I love the car so far. The previous owner was not loving and didn’t do much maintainence. I am aware ahout the lowet control arm bushes, they do require replacement and I just would like suggestions to what I should replace them with.

I have a set of bushes from Garage88 I'm pretty happy with.
Have a read through this topic: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21928
Also, speak to Pedders. They can supply the full range of Whiteline gear.

I have put 2 brand new tyres on it, some bridgestone potenza re003’s, the car understeers quite badly. Perhaps recommendations to some sway bars?

Be very careful replacing only two tyres at a time.
If the rolling diameter of the front tyres differs much from the rear tyres, you will kill your centre differential.
Have a read of Good Night Centre Differential

The head unit is working good except the fact that the cd stacker does not work and doesn’t have aux, is it possible to upgrade, To the later model head unit? Or an aftermarket one entirely.

The MY06 Macintosh deck has no support for AUX in, and it's fairly difficult to replace because of the power amplifier under the passenger seat.
My CD stacker still works fine, maybe because I don't swap discs very often.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby BillyCorgi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

I have put 2 brand new tyres on it, some bridgestone potenza re003’s, the car understeers quite badly.
Ric has already advised you of the negative effects of running odd tyres on the driveline.

Perhaps recommendations to some sway bars?
An upgarded read swaybar has positive effects.

There are a number of aftermarket units that connect to the auxiliary remote stacker port of the Macintosh headunit, these aftermarket units can come with aux ports.
I have a Yatour unit.
My son has a Yatour Unit with Bluetooth and Aux port.

CorgiWerx can support you with Gear Shifter Bush Kits; Short Shifter Adapter; Rebuild Power Steering Pumps and Refurbished Centre Differential when you require.
Last edited by BillyCorgi on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Postby Ric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Tomas never actually mentioned which year model it is.
There's a big difference in the head units between "pre facelift" (MY06 and earlier), and "post facelift (MY07 on).
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby BillyCorgi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Ric wrote:Tomas never actually mentioned which year model it is.
There's a big difference in the head units between "pre facelift" (MY06 and earlier), and "post facelift (MY07 on).

Correct, Tomas however does say it is a 3.0R Spec-B.
The Macintosh head units fitted to the Spec-B, although different between pre-facelift and postfacelift models, both support the remote CD Stacker port in the rear of the head unit which can be used to connect remote audio devices, such as the Yatour and others.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Return to General Chat