'04 liberty headunit

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

'04 liberty headunit

Postby Pak0s » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm after an aftermarket dounle din headunit for my '04 liberty, I've got a stock McIntosh unit in it at the moment. Would i need a fascia kit with the climate control or just a fascia kit?
Pak0s

Car: '04 liberty gt

Re: '04 liberty headunit

Postby zch91 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:59 pm

You can get away with just buying the fascia piece, your existing climate control unit will work just fine.

The best person to speak to is HardwareBoB - he sells them in kit form with wiring adapters to make it fully plug and play.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9994
zch91
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: '04 liberty headunit

Postby jp928 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm

If your Mcintoss is the model integrated with climate control, you need the fascia unit (with double DIN hole) and separate climate control - AVO Japan do them. You probably dont have two temp knobs, so make sure you get the right climate control unit. The fascia I got came with an aerial adapter to go from Suby peculiar to std coax plug.
If the Mcintoss has an amp under the pax seat, you will need a cable from the HU you install to go from the HU down the tunnel and connect to the speaker plug that is currently connected to the amp. Somewhere there is a thread about integrating the Suby steering wheel radio controls with foreign HU when compatible. Lookup svxdc (Dave Carter) on legacygt.com for help - he is very good on this stuff. There is a thread of mine on doing this in an 04 Outback here somewhere.
jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Return to General Chat