Just test drove the 07 GT Spec B

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Postby GT25 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:46 pm

So give me a little bit of advice, Norbs & ET.

I needed a new high performance wagon coz my 8 YO WRX needed replacing.

Wot should I have done?

Bought a mazda 6 wagon? Nope - not a turbo.

Bought a Liberty 2.5 wagon? Nope doesn't go hard enuff.

Maybe bought a 2nd hand 2ltr GT wagon? Hard to do - rare as hens teeth in a manual. And anyway who wants to buy a car that someone else has flogged.

So. Yeah. I bought an 07 GT Spec B. Didn't have much choice really. Sack or no sack it's a buzz to drive. Gets round corners better than the REX.

Yeah I'm a bit peeved that it only puts out 184kw vs 190kw in the 05 GT, but I'm sure I'll get it back with an ECU remap.

Oh. And by the way. I drove an MY05 GT back to back with the MY05 3.0RB 18 months ago. And you know what was better to drive? The 3 litre coz it had that Spec B suspension and went almost as hard.

So. You've got a faster GT. I've got a better handling GT.

Who wins? Who cares!!!!! :wink:

Greg.
MY07 GT Spec B Wagon; 6MT; Obsidian/Beige
GT25

Car: MY07 GT Spec B 6MT Wagon

Postby stuntgirl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:54 pm

:D
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Postby MY07GT » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:12 am

I like ur thinking Greg!

All Libs all mates!

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby sleepergtb » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:49 am

Had a very enjoyable drive in my 07GT to Newcastle and back yesterday. It was the first trip that I had done and I really enjoyed the drive. Had the car fully loaded on the way back and it was still effortless. I believe one thing the 2.5 litre engine does offer is better torque.

Fuel was around 11.8 (City driving) when I left and 9.7 when I got back. I was more than impressed.

sleepergtb
sleepergtb

Postby GT25 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:29 am

sleepergtb wrote:Had a very enjoyable drive in my 07GT to Newcastle and back yesterday. It was the first trip that I had done and I really enjoyed the drive. Had the car fully loaded on the way back and it was still effortless. I believe one thing the 2.5 litre engine does offer is better torque.

Fuel was around 11.8 (City driving) when I left and 9.7 when I got back. I was more than impressed.

sleepergtb

Had the boat and trailer up to Newcastle and back a cuppla weeks ago. Effortless at seriously naughty speeds. Lotsa grunt up the hills.

Fuel consumption for the trip was about 13.5l. Not that low round town though. :P

Greg.
GT25

Postby Mo_GT » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:11 am

GT25 wrote:Yeah I'm a bit peeved that it only puts out 184kw vs 190kw in the 05 GT, but I'm sure I'll get it back with an ECU remap.

Map it for 98ron and you will make a bit more than 190Kw me'thinks.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby sleepergtb » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:50 pm

I have a cat back exhaust and panel filter on mine now and it made 140kw atw. Just these mods transformed the car over standard. Waiting for the tune and it will be available early next year and based on what we saw we believe with tweaking the ECU there should be an easy 25-30 extra kw.

sleepergtb
sleepergtb

Postby et » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:41 pm

GT25 wrote:
Maybe bought a 2nd hand 2ltr GT wagon? Hard to do - rare as hens teeth in a manual. And anyway who wants to buy a car that someone else has flogged.

that's a little bit harsh Greg, are you suggesting that owners od 2.0 GT manual wagons are rough and flog their cars?

Yeah I'm a bit peeved that it only puts out 184kw vs 190kw in the 05 GT, but I'm sure I'll get it back with an ECU remap.

same can be said for the 2.0 GT :wink:

So. You've got a faster GT. I've got a better handling GT.

maybe I have upgraded to Bilstein suspnsion on my 2.0 GT, now I am faster and have better handling :P ?

Who wins? Who cares!!!!!
Exactly.

But still my car is faster than yours! :crazy: :yahoo:
et

Postby burgs » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:27 pm

norbs wrote:
I don't think mods will help much unless you're talking turbo swaps !!

The Subaru 2.5 L Engine responds better to mods than the 2.0l, if you go and check out the wrx sites there are a few MY06 wrx owners with the 2.5 making some very impressive power for minimal money.

I have driven the new gt spec b and i was some what under whelmed with the performance, having driven the MY06 gt and i think they are a quick enough piece of gear, but they just dont offer the equipement of the new MY07 gt spec b and off boost the 2.0 l has no poke whats so ever.

All that being said they are both great cars in their own ways, one thing is certain and its that the 2.5 l has more kw potential than the 2.0l.

If you want to start talking about mps 6's, i can tell you first hand after driving 2, yeah they are a quick car but they just dont feel as sure footed on the road, their styling is very average and the build of the car is no where near what you will find in the gt or 3rb. Resale for them is absolutely shocking because they arnt a good seller, when i brought my 3rb as a low kay used car i could have brought a top of the range mps 6 for 3500 less and that really says alot about the car. The only strong point on of the MPS is how much poke the engine has.

Put that aside you have an ugly, poorly finished car which doesnt handle as well as it should being AWD.
MY07 WRX SEDAN
Tuned By Autotech Engineering
burgs

Postby GT25 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:22 am

sleepergtb wrote:I have a cat back exhaust and panel filter on mine now and it made 140kw atw. Just these mods transformed the car over standard. Waiting for the tune and it will be available early next year and based on what we saw we believe with tweaking the ECU there should be an easy 25-30 extra kw.

sleepergtb

Keen to see what the ECU dudes can do then I think I'll be asking Santa for a late Xmas pressie.

greg. :D
GT25

Postby norbs » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:38 pm

Say whatever you like, but:-

- driven in anger, stock for stock, the older GT is quicker
- the MPS is a 2.3L and is heaps ballsier than the 2.5GT and quicker

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong on the above two points.
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby sleepergtb » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:11 pm

norbs wrote:Say whatever you like, but:-

Want the Mazda buy it and go tell everyone on a Mazda Forum how good it is.

Each to their own!
sleepergtb

Postby MY07GT » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:22 pm

Very naive.

No 1 has argued that it has less power.

I dont want to get into a "My lib is better than yours arguement", as each lib has its own merits.

But we are looking at ALL features, not 1. Im not gonna bother comparing our Libs for this point.

I didnt buy a Lib for straight line performance. I woulda bought a GTR.

I want a track/mountain beast. I will bet on my Lib's bilsteins, than any MPS's cheap suspension. Same goes with everything else on the car.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby GT25 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 pm

Mmm. Well this has been a fiesty little thread. Hasn't it!!! :lol:

Wish it was interesting in that special forum. :roll:

Greg.
GT25

Postby norbs » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:02 am

MY07GT wrote:

Very naive.

No 1 has argued that it has less power.

I dont want to get into a "My lib is better than yours arguement", as each lib has its own merits.

But we are looking at ALL features, not 1. Im not gonna bother comparing our Libs for this point.

I didnt buy a Lib for straight line performance. I woulda bought a GTR.

I want a track/mountain beast. I will bet on my Lib's bilsteins, than any MPS's cheap suspension. Same goes with everything else on the car.

Phil.

Ha ha, it's funny how a name like Bilstein makes everyone take notice. You know that Bilsteins come in all grades? The GT I test drove didn't perform as well as I thought it would.

And I wouldn't go bagging the MPS suspension, it is more performance oriented than the GT :wink:
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat