FOB BATTERIES

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

FOB BATTERIES

Postby Subaru Liberty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am

Ok Guys going to put this out there. Now my battery went flat in the fob and the fob couldn't transmit to my car so here i am stuck in the servo with my car jammed in P and immobilised ..had lights everything but no crank when i pushed the button ( push button start) ....
How many of you actually looked in the manual to see the correct battery to be put in your cars Fob? So got my brother in law to change batteries (he is a auto electrical guy ) when we opened up to discover the wrong ones had been fitted.And guess what? mine was suppose to have a CR 1632 3 v lithium guess what it had a CR-1620, 3v lithium...and held in with cardboard lol..(3v yes but the transmitting isnt as good and contact isnt as good ....had to wiggle and shake it to work most days)
Yep guess what? done by a Subaru dealer ......

I phoned a couple of Subaru dealers out of curiosity and no one could give me the correct size based on the Subaru recommendations for my car ....(mine is a 3.6 batteries fitted for a 2.5) ...Only one could tell me the correct one.
The batteries are different in height and size so no proper contact hence always having intermittent issues to unlock the car etc for months .. ....
CHECK YOUR DEALER HAS PUT CORRECT BATTERIES IN AND "NO HANDLING" ONLY WITH THE CORRECT TOOLS EG TWEEZERS as handling can discharge the batteries also so lessen the life to the battery ....................!!!!.wankers is all i can say gggrrrrrr!!!!! :angry2:
Subaru Liberty

Car: 2012 Liberty 3.6 premium

Return to General Chat