Defected, need advice.

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Defected, need advice.

Postby VanillaIce220 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey guys.
Recently... I got defected, so now I am on a mission to get everything certified which consist of, a frontmount, intake and exhaust. I know I need to get an emissions test however I have no idea how it all work. Is the emissions test undertaken for each individual part, such as emissions test for the frontmount, than an emissions test for the intake and finally and emissions test for the exhaust?
OR
is it an overall test which test all the parts in one sitting? I think its an overall test but I am new to it all.

Also how do I find out if my coilovers are ADR approved. They are Endless Zeal function X Coilovers which are a straight replacement of the stock suspension that uses all the fittings, so they should be good right?
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Car: Subaru Liberty 04 GT

Re: Defected, need advice.

Postby Surge » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:16 am

Did you keep all of your stock parts?

Easiest option is put the stock parts on, pass your inspection that way?
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby VanillaIce220 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:24 am

Surge wrote:Did you keep all of your stock parts?

Easiest option is put the stock parts on, pass your inspection that way?

No stock parts, they're are long gone. Suspension was done before I owned it, so I didn't have those. My dump pipe was trashed so a custom one was made. I still have a topmount laying around, however I have a mate who is going to do an emissions test for me, so if i pass that I will leave it on and get everything engineered. kind of sucks not having a job and living off the money centerlink gives me :D I pretty much save up for a year to do 1 mod that is of high quality.
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Postby jslayz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Just a thought. See if you can get matt from kido there and tune for the test?
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby VanillaIce220 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah i will need a tune from matt soon. I just passed emissions. At idle i am running lean and I was told if it was any leaner i would have been told to richen it up ahah. Went into the engineer today. Passed most things except for car heights and exhaust db reading. I didnt get the tool that raises the suspension so I will be trying to figure that out. maybe a hammer ;) ahah. and the exhaust... I have a mate who is going to make me a plate that quietens it down but creates back pressure.... I want this all done before I go to Geelong which is Thursday this week. But I cant so... Hating on life at the moment but it has to be done.
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Return to General Chat