Group think please.....

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Group think please.....

Postby Tonic » Sat May 20, 2017 8:37 am

Well team I have committed to buying Pudz car (4th gen 2009 My07 3rb) listed on these pages recently. Now I'd love to keep it as a special and keep my current daily driver (4th gen 2005 My06 3rb). But apparently I am only approved in my household for 1 car at a time so it must go!
It has been a tireless work horse for me and has been kept in good mechanical order.. I drive about 1,000km a week so it gets about 6-8 services a year. Engine was rebuilt at 85Kkm and in total car has done 250Kkm. I have replaced all the bits needed to be done from door lock actuators to viscous coupling to sub to pulleys, starter motor and steering pump. BUT the following is outstanding....
1. Rear passenger side window motor
2. Body/ paint damage - no crashes but 3 yucky scratches/dints, misaligned front bumper and some M1 rash. Local shop says they can get as new for about $1,000.
3. Rego is due in November and I go through a set of tyres a year so they will need redoing.
Reckon it should get $6-$7K.
Group think required on getting the above done including a new year of rego, tyres paint and window which will cost me a tax deductible $3K. Would then need to get $9-$10k for what would be a very clean car with everything in order.
Thoughts appreciated. Go low or go clean?
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Re: Group think please.....

Postby dan_ashcroft » Tue May 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Do number 2 to get the appearance right and sell it straight away for 7-8. No use waiting 6 months and having to do tyres / rego etc - bigger financial outlay and having to hope you get the full return on the money you just put in. In the meantime your 12 year old car is another half year older...
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Re: Group think please.....

Postby BMCracer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:42 am

Agree with Dan Ashcroft - best return for least outlay of funds. God luck with the sale.
2007 NZ new 3.0 Spec B 5EAT wagon in Brilliant Silver 39D
BMCracer

Car: NZDM MY07 3.0R Spec B 5eat Wgn

Return to General Chat