Coilovers for MY06 3.0R Liberty Sedan?

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Coilovers for MY06 3.0R Liberty Sedan?

Postby Jackson92 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Hey guys,

As the topic says I have a 06 H6 spec b liberty which has only done 59,000kms but have just found that my front left bilsein shocker internals have gone and have started to make a knocking noise :x . So long story short I'm faced with replacing the front shockers but have been quoted for having coilovers put on for around the same price and would just like to know the advantages/disadvantages and wondered if anyone here has gone with that option?

Cheers!
Jackson92

Car: MY06 3.0rb 6MT Sedan

Re: Coilovers for MY06 3.0R Liberty Sedan?

Postby dan_ashcroft » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:36 pm

First of all, check the nut at the top of the strut, I lucked out and the knocking noise was only that for me. Also check the "bilstein knock" thread for other ideas.

If it is definitely the internals, you can get them rebuilt by Bilstein. I can't see where you are located, but if in Sydney, check this thread by Jack_Keaka for Bilstein rebuilding: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=34495
Front struts are $437 per pair and rears at $345 pair.

(FYI, I haven't done either (rebuild or go coilovers) so can't help with any personal experience. You haven't mentioned what prices you have been getting, but I imagine the entry-level coilovers are going to give a fairly firm ride. Shockworks coilovers get a lot of positive comments, but that's because you get what you pay for: +$2k.)
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Return to General Chat