HELP: Mods for Subaru Liberty

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

HELP: Mods for Subaru Liberty

Postby Subaru_Lover » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am

So I just bought a 1998 Subaru Liberty Sedan. I'm looking at putting some mods on it. I've googled just about everything and all I can find is stuff on the american Subaru Legacy. Are the Liberty and Legacy the same?

Also if anyone has any good sites for mods send them my way.

Looking at doing the following

- Install a turbo
- New Rims
- New Tyres
- Paint Job
- Body kit
Subaru_Lover

Car: Subaru Liberty

Re: HELP: Mods for Subaru Liberty

Postby SIMBAT » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Subaru_Lover wrote:So I just bought a 1998 Subaru Liberty Sedan. I'm looking at putting some mods on it. I've googled just about everything and all I can find is stuff on the american Subaru Legacy. Are the Liberty and Legacy the same?

Also if anyone has any good sites for mods send them my way.

Looking at doing the following

- Install a turbo
- New Rims
- New Tyres
- Paint Job
- Body kit

yes legacy and liberty are the same just different badge for different countries.

-Rims and tyres - Yes you should and you can look for anything that suits your taste though 17" STI wheels look great and fit great on them. you should be able to pick some up on the second hand market, if you want to customise them you can get them powder coated any colour you like for $80 each. tyres id suggest ADVAN AD08R for maximum grip.

- Paint job... eh might not be worth it. you'll get what you pay for and you need to pay minimum 6k for a half decent job and thats probably worth more than the car... I'd give Plasti dip or diy painting a try before paying for a respray. just do heaps or research first.

-Body kit- i don't think there was ever much available for the 98 liberty, and if their was it would be near impossible sourcing it nowadays. your better off getting sportier bumpers for your model from japan versions of the 98 liberty you can ask subaru wreckers for options.

-turbo- unless your car came with one just do yourself a favour and forget about it the engine is not made for it and to get one put on and work it will cost over 6k and it will still be slow and the engine will shit itself in no time. the cheapest option if you really loved your car is to get a wrx or sti engine swapped in but it will cost over 8k and you could get a nice wrx for that money.

trust me we have all gone through that phase, i wanted to do the same thing to my first liberty but its not worth the trouble you will loose to much money for something that you will still not be satisfied with.

id suggest just getting rims,tyres and coilovers so it handles great. then make the outside look nice without spending too much.
my12 VW Tiguan TDI-tuned
my16 Hyper Blue WRX STI
my16 Honda Jazz VTI
SIMBAT

Postby Subaru_Lover » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:59 am

Yeah awesome thanks champ. What about mufflers? Know any good ones?
Subaru_Lover

Car: Subaru Liberty

Postby JNSLIBERTY » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Invidia makes okay quality ones for the price =)
JNSLIBERTY

Car: 2010 Liberty GT

Return to General Chat