Gen 4 Seat Pressure Sensor Help Needed

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Gen 4 Seat Pressure Sensor Help Needed

Postby subilicious » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Being driven crazy by the alarm that goes of when the groceries trigger the pressure switch on the passenger side front seat. Does anyone know where the speaker is so that I can disable it?

Thanks is advance,

Dave
subilicious

Re: Gen 4 Seat Pressure Sensor Help Needed

Postby vinshonz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 pm

also want to know this.

every friday/saturday when i buy a slab of beers i put it on the front passenger seat.

on the right angle or speed it makes that annoying noise!
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby Jiyujin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm having the same issue...went off this morning while driving home.
Jiyujin

Car: MY08 Wagon 2.5SC

Postby Gtb08 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 pm

vinshonz wrote:also want to know this.

every friday/saturday when i buy a slab of beers i put it on the front passenger seat.

on the right angle or speed it makes that annoying noise!

put the seatbelt on ya beers...it thinks it has a passenger. :lol:

same goes for OP... the sensor is detecting weight as tho a passenger is there. buckle the seatbelt and the noise will not exist, or put grocerys in the back
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Yeah, it's such an annoying sound! A nice bong would've been ok, but I hate the one our cars have.

These connectors in the link below seem to be the ones (assuming US cars are the same as ours). Just take into account the reverse of where they say Passenger and Drivers side.
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/seat-belt-sensor-disable-75907.html
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Or, can someone try this 20-click method and let us know. The LegacyGT guys mention that this is in the service manual, and is a factory function from Subaru to disable the buzzer.

CUTOFF FUNCTION
The warning function that activates when the seat belt is not fastened while driving can be optionally cut off. The cutoff function is common for both the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat, and can be set with the driver’s seat buckle switch.

1) How to: Repeat fastening and unfastening the driver’s seat belt for 20 times within 30 seconds after turning the ignition switch ON. Enabling and disabling cutting is done with the same operation.
(The setting is changed for both the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat.)

The setting lasts until the microprocessor is reset (ie a Battery disconnect).
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Btw, I couldn't get the 20 click method to work. It worked for some people on LegacyGT, but not for others for some reason.
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Return to General Chat