Good dealer service centres in Melbourne

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Good dealer service centres in Melbourne

Postby RayBShiro » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with Melbourne Subaru service centres?? Understand there are quite good independent garages from research on this forum but looking to maintain 3 year warranty.

Ideally maybe to the South or East. I have Camberwell or Mentone in mind. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated~~

Cheers.
RayBShiro

Re: Good dealer service centres in Melbourne

Postby muzza » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 pm

It's a little further out, but I've always used Eastern Subaru in Lilydale with my leased cars.
They aren't part of the Melbourne Subaru group, seem to have stable mechanics and the same service manager and assistant for years (who are both great).
No stupid upsells or unnecessary crap either. Certainly not cheap, but also not super exxy either.
Lots of local semi country regulars that live a bit further out use them too.
Muzza
MY13 GT wagon auto - SOLD.
MY19 Golf R wagon current
muzza

Car: MY23 Tiguan R

Postby HardwareBoB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 pm

FYI There is *no* requirement to be serviced at subaru to retain warranty.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby phatmonk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 pm

RayBShiro wrote:Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with Melbourne Subaru service centres??

Been to several and didn't have a good experience. One trip to a local mechanic to replace the radiator came back with a list of problems. No problems were noted by Subaru. Mind you, the radiator was replaced twice by Subaru. CEL with error codes P0011 (regularly) and P0021 (once) just had the ECU reset. Info on this forum pointed to replacing the OCVs. Cracked CV boots were missed. I can go on.

RayBShiro wrote:Understand there are quite good independent garages from research on this forum but looking to maintain 3 year warranty.

Did you buy the extended warranty on a second hand car? Sounds similar to what I did. I have to admit, it paid for itself having had some work done under the extended warranty. But, never again. About two years into the three year period I started doing the work myself or at my local mechanic.

Find yourself a mechanic known for Subarus or take it to your regular mechanic. If you can do preventative maintenance yourself. They'll look after it better.

Just my opinion and experience had at the dealership.
phatmonk

Car: MY07 Lib GTB, R33 GTR, Octavia vRS

Postby RayBShiro » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:42 pm

HardwareBoB wrote:FYI There is *no* requirement to be serviced at subaru to retain warranty.

Is that true? I have read in the agreement and other papers that the 3-year warranty won't be valid unless serviced by a subaru service centre. Not necessary the dealer u bought it from but one of their own services places. Not saying they are any better than mechanics outside, might be the contrary in real life. At the time I bought the car new last year there was an additional 2-year which makes it 5 in total but for that you have to go back to the dealer which u bought it from in order for the extra 2 years to be valid, what a load of..... and they sell it like its i got a great deal. joke.

Also thanks all who contributed. Appreciate your time!~
RayBShiro

Postby phatmonk » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 am

For the factory warranty HardwareBob is correct. They get you with extended warranty - it is a "contract" with Inchcape. For the extended warranty to apply:

You will enjoy the benefits of the Inchcape Protected Warranty if the Vehicle is serviced by an Inchcape Protected Dealer, during both the manufacturer’s Warranty (in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements) and also the Inchcape Protected Warranty until both periods expire

Read: http://www.subarudocklands.com.au/sites ... remium.pdf

You'll find the Inchcape Protected Dealers are Subaru. Here are the Melbourne locations: http://www.inchcape.com.au/html/ourbusi ... il/3.shtml

So, thanks to the ACCC you don't need it dealer serviced under the factory warranty. But thanks to contractual clauses and golden handcuffs, and to keep the extended warranty, you have to take it to the dealer.
phatmonk

Car: MY07 Lib GTB, R33 GTR, Octavia vRS

Return to General Chat