2012 Liberty GT Premium mods?

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

2012 Liberty GT Premium mods?

Postby Lukester » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Liberty GT Premuim 2.5T Auto & would like your opinion on what mods to do???

I assume full exhaust (dump, cat & catback), cold air intake & tune???

I don't know what the limit is on the turbo, injectors, intercooler, internals, etc???

So basically want to know, what's most restrictive, best bang for buck & whatever info you guys & gals can inform me on...

Would like to keep it under 5k if possible...

Cheers, Luke.
Lukester

Car: Liberty GT Premuim

Re: 2012 Liberty GT Premium mods?

Postby muzza » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Well, tune alone can release approx 20-30% more power and torque as well as significantly better throttle response with 98 octane.
If you want to go the whole hog think about going E85 with a tune to suit.

Ask Matt (Kido) about tuning and do some thread searching. Kido can offer a tune with protection for the auto as well - pretty important when you start pushing extra torque through them.

Dump would be the single best exhaust upgrade, the rest wont gain as much for the $ and you'll def need a tune with the dump, but if you are chasing every last kW then a CBE eg: XForce or Invidia etc would be the go - stock exhaust is quiet but flows pretty well within normal tune upgrades. Simply swapping rear cans can get you a better exhaust note.

I have yet to see a worthwhile CAI for GenV, the factory intake is pretty good by all accounts, again unless you are chasing mega kW. K&N filters give you a little extra flow for a whole lot more dust in your engine so just stick with the stock filter. There's aftermarket CAI's around that appear more bling then bang so save your $. Pull the milk bottle off the bottom of the airbox for a little better intake sound - but its not massive.

Engine? Well the EJ257 appears pretty good within the limits of the VF54 turbo and tuning, but upgrade the turbo and want to rev it hard (racing etc) you might want to look at getting forged pistons/rods and head studs, ie a built motor. The quality of the tune more than anything seems to determine the durability of the stock internals - earlier failures of the EJ257 appear to be related to ring-lands which appeared to be an issue with poor tunes and pinging at high revs.

I'm far from an expert on this and others will probably have more to add.
Muzza
MY13 GT wagon auto - SOLD.
MY19 Golf R wagon current
muzza

Car: MY23 Tiguan R

Postby Reedy28 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Done any mods yet? I've got the exact same car 2013 Gt premium auto and looking into doing exhaust, dump and tune.
Last edited by Reedy28 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reedy28

Car: MY13 Liberty GT premium

Postby zack » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:16 pm

x2 looking at tune, possibly springs and /or rear sway.

would love a front lip but at over $700, no thanks

looking at nav hack as well but a little cautious even tho instructions seem easy enough

firstly need to get tow bar done. any recommendations in Melb? Stealer wants over $1000
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Postby Reedy28 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:54 pm

zack wrote:x2 looking at tune, possibly springs and /or rear sway.

would love a front lip but at over $700, no thanks

looking at nav hack as well but a little cautious even tho instructions seem easy enough

firstly need to get tow bar done. any recommendations in Melb? Stealer wants over $1000

An upgrade from the billstiens?.. I'm pretty happy with mine.. what would you go for? Yeah, im looking for a grill to replace the chrome bit in the fromt bumper..

Ill look into nav hack. Not sure what pros that would do.
Reedy28

Car: MY13 Liberty GT premium

Postby zack » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:00 am

Just springs for ride height but rear sway probably will be best bang for $ in that regard

Was lucky enough my car has the expanded metal front grill I do like it

The wheels are a bit meh but don't think any point changing if leaving ride height
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Return to General Chat