Which MY07 GT Version to get?

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Postby stuntgirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:06 am

GT25 wrote:Don't forget that it's not the list price of the car which will make the difference in your negotiations.

It's the "on roads" and it's dealer delivery and accessories where the dealers make their money so that's what u've gotta manage.

If there's that few GTs around, I'd say there's not going to be a lot of negotiating to be done.

Don't worry. The MY07's worth it.

Greg.

sorry... but how do dealers make money on paying 12 months rego, stamp duty and CTP?? these are charges laid down by the government, and have to be paid by someone to the RTA and the money comes from somewhere... such as the margin!! to pay for them. so please dont think money is made from the "on-roads"

when subaru offers an on road campaign, such as the forester X atm has free rego, ctp and stamp duty.

the reason subaru does this and not discount the car is to help your re-sale... to add value in the car by offering those for free retains the actual value of the car in the market. nothing worse than opening up the paper if you bought a holden and seeing the next week they have 5-10 k of them... essentially this means that the manufacturer has just decided this is all the car is worth, and makes the used car market plummit further.

subaru value pack their cars, not discount them in the way of sales etc.. that is how they are marketed. and is done so to protect the buyers.
hence one of the reasons why subaru does retain good resale values.

and i have to agree... the MY07 is more than worth every dollar you pay.

its absurd that people want to pay peanuts for them... :shock:

but any way........... as i said earlier.. happy to help if need be :D
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Postby GTOWNER » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:47 am

Ok sounds like someones opened a can of worms here.

Firstly, the dealer is in business and has to make money.
Otherwise no dealer for you to go and preview that shiny new car you've been drooling over.

Secondly, if you buy the car and you're not happy with the price, then who's friggin fault is that?

Thirdly, If you like it and your happy with the price, buy it enjoy it and shut up.

last - We will all loose $$$$ on our cars. It's a depreciating asset - We buy them to enjoy. We could get by with a $5,000 shit box but we don't want one do we.
GTO
GTOWNER

Postby XRC15T » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:32 am

.... and sometimes you will get FA in negotiation anyway.
My Lib was pretty much take or leave it due to the law of economics.

But for my old cars I got a coupla quotes from dealers, but I ended up going to the ones with the lower ranges - not nessarily the cheapest. Just cos the salesperson/s were dicks and I didn't want them to get a commission.

If you want it bad, you'll pay whatever anyway...
XRC15T

Postby sogg » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:09 pm

thanks for all the info guys,
Im in vic and have about 3 or 4 dealers close by so i will go check em out and see what they have to say, I dont mind paying the price but i would like some things thrown in like spoliers and etc. Also i know this probably doesnt work with new car dealers but does paying for the car in cash have any impact?
sogg

Postby LIBER8ED » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:01 pm

i guess gettin a good price on a car just makes you feel more satisfied with the purchase.

we all know that dealers are very much into it for themselves, and as GTOWNER said, if they arent running a business, like everyone does, why would they bother to be there.

I personally have always taken someone with me when buying a car, cause admittedly, i have no idea, and can be quite gullable.. I wouldnt know if i was getting a good price, or i just fall for the cheesy grin, and confident personality..

I know with me, and where i work on the R.A.A.F base, the locals know around here, that if you look after us ( the raafies ) then your name is going to get put around the base, and they are going to want it to be good feedback not negative. They ALL realise this, and are happy to admit it..

So for my car to be $34,990 plus on road, and for me to get it for $35,600 with tinted windows, floor mats, and headlight protectors, on road. I was pretty happy with that, hence i put my 2 cents worth in for that particular dealer (more so the salesman ) put my positive and negative feedback at work, and other guys have gone to that particlar dealership, and asked for him to do business.. Ive even gotten phonecalls from him thanking me!!

Beleive me, there are also a few dealers around brissy, that got my negative feedback, and that has been made well known too :)
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby sleepergtb » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:20 pm

If you want a really good handling and the better looking package go the GT Spec B.

From experience you would have to be doing something pretty silly to really need the VDC.

As for the base price it comes down to supply and demand, get what extras you can can thrown in up front. But at the end of the day you end up with the same car, same service and same trade in price at the end of the day if you go back to the same dealer.

I have purchased 6 cars in last nine years of different models and have been involved in the purchase of many others (fleet) and have to say the service that I have received from the Subaru dealer that I got my car from has been very good compared to some of the dealers of other makes.

Happy buying.
sleepergtb

Postby Worn Rubber » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:58 am

Look, I understand that the dealers need to make a decent profit, that's a given, but any purchaser needs to feel comfortable with the deal they are getting. If that means a few $ off so be it, if it means a few goodies thrown in, thats great.

It all boils down to getting value for money.

One thin in the dealers favour, particularly Subaru, is because thay don't budge alot on price, it ultimately helps us when it comes to resale values.
Urban Grey MY06 3RB
Worn Rubber

Postby GTOWNER » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:50 am

Worn Rubber wrote:Look, I understand that the dealers need to make a decent profit, that's a given, but any purchaser needs to feel comfortable with the deal they are getting. If that means a few $ off so be it, if it means a few goodies thrown in, thats great.

It all boils down to getting value for money.

One thin in the dealers favour, particularly Subaru, is because thay don't budge alot on price, it ultimately helps us when it comes to resale values.

Could'nt agree more - Sold my MY01 GT Forester for 64% of i'ts original price after 5yrs - does'nt get much better than that.

If you feel you're getting a good deal then everyone's happy.
GTO
GTOWNER

Previous

Return to General Chat