mt cotton driving centre

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

mt cotton driving centre

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:40 pm

hey trendsetters,

just me post whoring again, but im curious to know if anyone has been out to the mt cotton driver training centre.? i drove past there today, and seen a couple of falcons on the skid pan, in a very crossed up mannor..

and of course my eyes lit up when i witnessed this, and though i have so got to do that..

ill give them a call tommory, but i just wanted to see if anyone has actually been out there either in thier own cars, or in whatever they provide.. or bascially any details about it..

any help appreciated.

my goal is to find something like that where i can just go nuts in my car, get it out of my system, and not end up without a licence..
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby Bob GTSTi » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:24 am

I haven't been there myself but I've got a friend in the Porsche Car Club who loves the place.They have a meet there a few times a year and he reckons it's great fun.If you want more info I'll ask him.
Bob
Bob GTSTi

Postby LIBER8ED » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 am

hey bob

yeah mate if you wouldnt mind. i emailed them this morning, cause they arent stupid enough to be at work as early as me, to allow me to call them,

but yeah any info would be great, get a few guys together and go out there for the day and arm ourselves with the eagerness to go nuts, and of course the cameras to proove it 8)
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby Bob GTSTi » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:57 am

Sound a plan.I'll try and get hold of Phil today.
Bob
Bob GTSTi

Postby et » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:58 am

Don't know much about the Mt Cotton centre but can say that driving your car on a wet skidpan can be loads of fun and you can learn a lot, definitely worth it..
et

Postby Bob GTSTi » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:55 pm

Haven't been able to track down Phil.I think he's out at Willowbank.When I find him I'll get all the info I can.
Bob
Bob GTSTi

Postby WeeGraeme » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:41 am

Skidpan training can be very educational (as well as fun). I've driven sedans and 3 tonne trucks on the skidpan. I think it should be mandatory for all learner drivers to do time there
WeeGraeme

Car: MY10 2.0D Outback Premium

Postby MIB » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:49 am

I haven't been on the skidpan at Mt Cotton but I have ridden bikes around the track there a few times, I know roughly what it costs to hire that course but you have to be a car club or company, they don't hire out to individuals.

Let me know what you find out though as you can count me in...
06 3RB
MIB

Return to General Chat