07 GT Tuned by STI - who knows what?

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:11 am

If its just shy of the 70g mark, then i do think that its about 10g too much...

Most here know my thoughts on the previous Aust Gt tuned by STi so i won't repeat myself...

But if the 07 tuned by STI GT is going to be about 15g on top of the std Spec B GT, then imo its really not worth it... thats about the same price difference as the std WRX and WRX STi - but look at what you get for the price.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 am

SpecB wrote:
I guess the question here is class or no class.

My question would be - why pay too much for too little?
Mo_GT

Postby stuntgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 pm

$65,990 plus on roads :!:
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:48 pm

If Subaru Australia can't offer a supposed 'tuned' version of any turbo car with discernably more power and performace than the 'non tuned' version then they are living in la-la land as far as I'm concerned. Why else pay a premium for the tuned version? It is meant to be a performance car. At least HSV do offer a decent power hike over and above the standard SS Commodore. And to boot with the Holden V8 (old school yes) you get a motor that is easy and cheap to tune even further than what HSV do. Don't get me wrong, I own a Liberty GT, I love it. But I don't think Subaru Australia do themselves and favours offering a 'tuned' version of it that offers no real performance gain. It is somewhat akin to Toyota's "sportivo" efforts.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby et » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:40 pm

70 K for a liberty GT? Tell'em they are dreamin' son! :lol:

It is somewhat akin to Toyota's "sportivo" efforts.

My understanding is that even sportivo offers 30 odd Kws over the garden variety model corrolla..... :wink: [/quote]
et

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:28 pm

stuntgirl wrote:$65,990 plus on roads :!:

Thanks for that...

So, that would make it above the 70g mark for us here in WA. Hmmm i don't see the value in it - esp when no dealer will discount the car, limited coulours...

I'd just buy a normal Gt spec B then.
Mo_GT

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:32 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:If Subaru Australia can't offer a supposed 'tuned' version of any turbo car with discernably more power and performace than the 'non tuned' version then they are living in la-la land as far as I'm concerned. Why else pay a premium for the tuned version? It is meant to be a performance car.

I agree with you but have to say that the Australian tuned GT does have some goodies that are better than the non tuned versions - i'd pay an extra 5g for it but not almost 15g.

For an extra 5g, i can build a far better performing car myself with a std GT :)
Mo_GT

Postby sleepergtb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Mo_GT wrote:
For an extra 5g, i can build a far better performing car myself with a std GT :)

You could probably do it for a lot less.
sleepergtb

Postby burgs » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I saw some Subaru documents when i picked my new car up last week and i read the features on the car. It will be 10 Grand more Expansive than GT Spec B but it will have 17k worth of extra goodies. The strangest thing is there will be no performance upgrade over the normal 2.5L STI from what i read.

Stand out things will be the same things as before with the first GT STI but this time it will get Brembos.
MY07 WRX SEDAN
Tuned By Autotech Engineering
burgs

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:58 pm

can someone tell me what the black vents on the back bumper are for?? i dont get it....
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:25 pm

burgs wrote:I saw some Subaru documents when i picked my new car up last week and i read the features on the car. It will be 10 Grand more Expansive than GT Spec B but it will have 17k worth of extra goodies. The strangest thing is there will be no performance upgrade over the normal 2.5L STI from what i read.

Stand out things will be the same things as before with the first GT STI but this time it will get Brembos.

Refer to my comment above regarding no extra performance. If true in this case then what a joke. Oh and as for $17k "worth" of goodies, would that be $17k of overpriced STi goodies like $750 for braided brake lines?

I think Subaru offer good value cars but the opposite is true with the STi stuff, both as standalone parts and in these "tuned by STi" cars.

We have to wait and see what the new "tuned by STi" Liberty offers but the signs aren't good.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby burgs » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:51 pm

the new tunned by sti impresa comes out in the next month or 2 and it is very much the same story, but gets a handful of extra KW, the best value sti is a wrx sti.
MY07 WRX SEDAN
Tuned By Autotech Engineering
burgs

Postby 3rspecb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Mo_GT wrote:Any indication of price ?

3rspecb wrote:their maybe an extra strut brace as well.

The lower arm brace you mean?

Yep..
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby Mano™ » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:09 pm

burgs wrote:the new tunned by sti impresa comes out in the next month or 2 and it is very much the same story, but gets a handful of extra KW, the best value sti is a wrx sti.

WRONG!

WRX's have nothing compaird to the Libertys.. never have and never will..

There bottom ends are so much weaker then a Libertys and compression rate as well, that is to jsut name a few..

Nothing like a lib my friend :P

Libs will never die :wink:
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby 3rspecb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:10 pm

From my understanding, Subaru OZ marketing still haven't singed off on the goodies i.e black brembos, bottom strut brace, etc.

I hope they do..
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat