Dragging tips?

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Dragging tips?

Postby Lukester » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 am

Hi, I have a 2012 Liberty GT Premium wagon auto with TBE & tune... I want to take it down to the drags but have never been... Would like some pointers if anyone has any??? Should I turn TC off, rev it to 2k/3k when launching it or could it hurt the transmission, etc...??? Any help with anything would be muchly appreciated... Cheers mates...
Lukester

Car: Liberty GT Premuim

Re: Dragging tips?

Postby Adrian2627 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Any time you go on to a track there's a chance you'll break something. You need to be prepared to accept that before you go. It could be a diff, driveshaft, trans, or at a worst case write off your car. Also remember that insurance won't cover you and they aren't stupid.

That being said it's a lot of fun if you keep within the limits of the car. I'd expect low 15s or high 14s if you are a good driver. It's mostly going to come down to you reaction times and shifting. Hold it on the brake at around 2000 where the turbo starts to spool up and as soon as the light go, release the brake and squeeze the throttle don't stamp on it. First couple let the car shift and just concentrate on the track. As you get confidence try different things like shifting manually, more throttle, etc. Just have fun trying something new but most of all don't let the red mist overcome you as that's when things break.

Good luck
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Re: Dragging tips?

Postby ScoobyPaul » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:43 pm

I know this is an old thread, but my best advice to you is "Take it easy!"

My last car was a sweet Galant VR4 TT V6 and I got too pumped on adrenaline and pushed it WAY too hard. It cost me almost $300 for the tow back home and then a loooong time to fix it all up and parts etc.

Do slow runs at first. There will ALWAYS be someone faster than you. Concentrate on being smooth and consistent. Smooth launches are where it's at. You're better off having to replace a clutch than anything else you could break.
MY07 3.0R Spec B Wagon.
Raptor intercooled supercharger kit
Raptor headers
3" SS exhaust, hi flow cats.
Nexus install and Brembos in progess...
ScoobyPaul

Car: MY07 3.0R Spec B

Return to General Chat