Page 1 of 1

19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:19 pm
by Matt_gt
Hey guys looking at traveling to Sydney this weekend for a set of wheels. I've spoke to Tempe tyres and they told me that 19x8.5 with a offset of 45 will fit fine. Has anyone here got this size or had and can tell me how they fit. Not really a fan of wheels that sit proud of the guards.
Thanks matt

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 pm
by jdm rsk
Becareful of them they will sell you anything. Also check the manufacturer dates on the tyres

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm
by Matt_gt
Thanks Shane I'll definatly check that. That's why I thought I'd ask people on here for some advice.

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 pm
by teK--
jdm rsk wrote:Becareful of them they will sell you anything. Also check the manufacturer dates on the tyres



Haha, now that is quoted for truth :D

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm
by smythie
see the top sticky thread (Gen 4 wheels thread). The first 2 examples are 19x8.5 but a +50 offset rather than +45. They're both running 225/35R19 tyres from memory to clear guards and what not. With a +45 offset you are most likely going to have to think about rolling the guards

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:40 pm
by Subie Boy
Given that you're going to Tempe, I am guessing you're after the VIP look type of wheels instead of performance ones like Advan, Enkeis, etc.

I suggest go to these guys instead www.eagletyres.com.au thats where I got my wheels for my Jeep and they provide good quality service. I have Dunlop Sports SP Maxx on mine and they're for 22inch wheels!

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm
by Laps
I have 19x8.5 + 45 offset running 225/35/19.

My car is lowered so I did have to get all guards rolled, and my coilovers put up a lil bit...

Re: 19 inch rims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm
by Spec B Wgn
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5633


this is the post you need to refer to as its a beauty and has pictures to help you