Page 1 of 1
Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm
by tangcla
^ as title says.
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 pm
by jdm rsk
I would think so as the rears disc sits on more from the rim due to the handbrake
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:40 pm
by tangcla
jdm rsk wrote:I would think so as the rears disc sits on more from the rim due to the handbrake
Raeson I ask, is deciding whether I should be putting the spare wheel back in the car, just in case...
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 pm
by GTB Liberty
tangcla wrote:jdm rsk wrote:I would think so as the rears disc sits on more from the rim due to the handbrake
Raeson I ask, is deciding whether I should be putting the spare wheel back in the car, just in case...
My understanding is that the Stock 18" rims DO clear the rear Brembos BUT not the fronts.
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm
by Lib 3.0LR
tangcla wrote:jdm rsk wrote:I would think so as the rears disc sits on more from the rim due to the handbrake
Raeson I ask, is deciding whether I should be putting the spare wheel back in the car, just in case...
Buy five rims like i did

Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:44 pm
by tangcla
Lib 3.0LR wrote:Buy five rims like i did

Good luck finding another Advan Connoisseur 151C in charcoal.
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:54 pm
by Lib 3.0LR
That might be hard :

Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 pm
by Sentinel
GTB Liberty wrote:tangcla wrote:jdm rsk wrote:I would think so as the rears disc sits on more from the rim due to the handbrake
Raeson I ask, is deciding whether I should be putting the spare wheel back in the car, just in case...
My understanding is that the Stock 18" rims DO clear the rear Brembos BUT not the fronts.
+1 - I carry a stock rim for that reason. Just double handling /changing if the front goes...

Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm
by GTB Liberty
I sourced a single 7.5 Enkei so that'll be my spare.
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm
by Greenman
As mentioned In the STI centre caps thread...I have a spare 18" Enkei rim 7.5" wide +55 offset that clears brembos if anyone is interested...may have a spare tyre kicking around too.
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 pm
by jdm rsk
just like steve and i you will have to do a double change if you get a front flat
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm
by Greenman
Why not buy a rim that you can fit on the front or rear.... Maybe I'll take a photo of mine and stick it in the For Sale thread
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:24 pm
by tangcla
cal68 wrote:Why not buy a rim that you can fit on the front or rear.... Maybe I'll take a photo of mine and stick it in the For Sale thread
Depends on price, PM me

Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm
by Greenman
Rim with tyre or without.
Pmd
Re: Stock wheels and rear Brembo calipers - will they clear?

Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 am
by Greenman