Page 1 of 1

Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:06 pm
by Evil_b4
I currently have these fitted with these sexy wheels.. (MY08 STi Liberty 18" Enkei wrapped in bridgestone potenza RE050A 225/40/18)
Image

but i also have These (My05 Liberty standard GT 17" wrapped n Kumho XS KU36 215/45/17)
Image
Image

Will these Standard Jigga's fit over my brembo's??

If not ill sell the liberty 17's and buy STI 17's and Advan A048 rubber :twisted:

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 pm
by 3rspecb
No.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm
by Arith
3rspecb wrote:No.

+1

Definitely not.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:33 pm
by tangcla
Arith wrote:
3rspecb wrote:No.

+1

Definitely not.

+2

I concur.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 pm
by teK--
Kinda off topic, but are those KU36 acceptable for everyday use? Especially through winter.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm
by smythie
I'll tell you what. So that you can make use of those lovely sticky tyres, I'll swap you those pesky 12 spoke enkei's and Brembos for a set of just-as-capable brakes :wink:

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm
by jdm rsk
they will if you use spacers... :lol:

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm
by Arith
jdm rsk wrote:they will if you use spacers... :lol:

LOL! That's just asking for trouble Shane. :D

But that's a lot of work just to make stock wheels work with Brembos. Better off investing in a good set of Brembo-clearing wheels. Always a decently priced set of STi wheels floating about. :P

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm
by adhar
teK-- wrote:Kinda off topic, but are those KU36 acceptable for everyday use? Especially through winter.


Yes its off topic but i'm running these tyres and find them perfectly suited for daily use. Fine in the wet, fine in the dry. Even though they look like a semi-slick they are definitely just a road compound. I've done 15xxx km's in them and they still look brand new - and im not kind on tyres, i've even done a couple of days at haunted hills.

I've driven many different r-rated tyres (not saying these are r-rated but are supposed to be somewhere in between) before and the stickyness level is not even close so i deem them a road tyre. They don't even match the Falken semi-slicks IMO, but i'm sure they will last much longer.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 pm
by teK--
Thanks Andrew.

I'm going to look at a set of the KU36 when these RE-001 wear out. Stickiness of the compound aside I was more concerned with lack of aqua channels to take rain away. If I can get 20-25KKms out of a set 90% commuting I will be happy as it saves me running 2 sets of wheels.

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:05 am
by vp920b
What do you reckon about RE001 Jim? Is it any good? especially for rain?

Thanks

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 pm
by Evil_b4
jdm rsk wrote:they will if you use spacers... :lol:


This is what i was thinking, I can get some made locally, but unsure how much thread will remain when bolted up.

find me some STI 17's or cheap 17's to clear brembo's and ill buy them:)

Re: Do they clear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 pm
by smythie
ebay is your friend. Rexnet as well. Though you may be competing with senator...