Page 1 of 1

Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 pm
by easygt
Hi I have gt 04 with stock suspension. Wondering what size tyres should I be using?
I was thinking may 225/40 or 235/40. I was leaning towards 235/40 as I think it will look nicer being more fat and will probabaly protect the rim more.

cheers

ken

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm
by nytrojen
225/40 is more common though, and hence a fair bit cheaper

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm
by easygt
strange I got quoted more for the 225 for kumho ku27. I wonder if he is pulling my leg as he told me that 235 is more common.

but with size would I have any issues by going 235?

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm
by nytrojen
Nope. Should be fine. Check this guide for all things wheel + tyre related:

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=98

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 pm
by easygt
thanks avon.

very useful information.